Notary Rotary
$100 RM with e-docs?
Notary Discussion History

$100 RM with e-docs?
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by CopperheadVA on 6/4/08 11:33am
Msg #249970

$100 RM with e-docs?

I was offered this today by a signing service. We could not come to terms on fee so they kept on dialing.

Reply by ME/NJ on 6/4/08 11:42am
Msg #249971

I've stopped doing RM's for about a year now

Out of all the RMs I did, 2 took about an hour the rest 2 hours or more. I bet I could make a killing on RMs in my area (10 retirement places within 10 miles of my home) The pay scale for the time needed is nuts and when business was good I could do 3 normal jobs vs 1 RM.

What I charge for a RM a SS will not pay.. Fine by me let the newbies do it.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/4/08 3:15pm
Msg #249994

**Fine by me let the newbies do it. **

Sad thing is that there is a fee paid by the borrower to title company to cover a very experienced notary such as yourself to take care of it.

Ah yes...the hiring of newbs which haven't been qualified by the low paying SS for anything except for a qualifying low fee.

Doesn't anyone else but me see a problem with the borrower paying a premium to get the work done and crap is hired?

It's like going into Starbucks and getting General Dollar Store Clover Valley Coffee in your cup.

Reply by Sylvia_FL on 6/4/08 4:10pm
Msg #249999

Re: **Fine by me let the newbies do it. **

"It's like going into Starbucks and getting General Dollar Store Clover Valley Coffee in your cup"

Hmm, the General Dollar Store coffee may be better than the Starbucks.

I love coffee and I hate Starbucks mud.

"Doesn't anyone else but me see a problem with the borrower paying a premium to get the work done and crap is hired"

Yep - it's like ordering Champagne and getting an inferior white wine.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/4/08 6:01pm
Msg #250010

Re: **Fine by me let the newbies do it. **

"I love coffee and I hate Starbucks mud."

I told you a while ago, you should start roasting your own... Smile It's easy, and NOTHING beats the taste of fresh-roasted coffee.

And I agree with you about Charbucks...

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/4/08 6:50pm
Msg #250015

I love good coffee and I generally find Starbucks to my

liking. Smile

The point is that what the customer is paying for isn't necessarily what they are getting.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/4/08 7:51pm
Msg #250028

As far as I'm concerned

the words "good coffee" and "Starbucks" should never appear in the same sentence... unless that sentence is something along the order of "If you want good coffee, don't go to Starbucks." Smile

But that's just me. I'm a big proponent of home roasting; if you're a true coffee lover, you have to try it.

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/4/08 3:03pm
Msg #249993

SS Companies charges TC edocs 250.00~275.00 signing co. gets paid in 7 days tops
SS Company pay Notary 90.00 to 100.00 wait 90 days for your money.or you may never get paid.
Bad!

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/4/08 6:53pm
Msg #250017

Jack Tri, we know this already!!!!!

We know we know we know!!!!!!!

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/4/08 7:52pm
Msg #250029

Don't feed the troll... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.