Notary Rotary
fHA
Notary Discussion History

fHA
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Cyndi Rodriguez on 6/20/08 6:20pm
Msg #252321

fHA

I have been asked to notarize some fha docs. LO is doing the actual signing, but they want me just to do the notarizing. I have never done an fha loan(newbie) is it much different than a regular purchase loan?

Reply by Julio Porres on 6/20/08 6:36pm
Msg #252322

In my experience is the same thing, no to worry you'll do fine

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/20/08 6:42pm
Msg #252323

I guess I don't understand the question....

The LO asked you to notarize the docs, are you a notary? Whats the question, why would you even care if its the same or different. Just notarize the docs and be done with it! However I would charge whatever you charge for a regular set of loan docs, its going to take you at least as long if not longer to complete the signing.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/20/08 7:00pm
Msg #252327

The FHA's that I have done lately are huge pkgs. n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/20/08 8:49pm
Msg #252353

She's not completing the packge, only the notarizations

it is straight notarization nothing else. The LO is closing the package. I suggested that she charge the same because it does take additional time but her workload is greatly reduced because she is just notarizing the docs that requeire notarization. Frankly, if I was asked that question I'd get another notary!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/20/08 8:54pm
Msg #252357

Re: She's not completing the packge, only the notarizations

I might also request they have all the docs to be notarized on top so I go in, do my thing, and leave...the LO can finish up the rest when I leave. It's been made clear you're only to notarize so you don't need to have anything to do with the rest of the package - no need to sit there unnecessarily. You can be on your way and not wasting valuable time, cuz time is money. MHO

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/20/08 9:27pm
Msg #252363

Actually, that's a great idea Linda. I'll have to keep that

in mind and it shouldn't be a problem. Of course if iwas the loan originator and I was bal to get the notary in and out in half the time then I might want half the price Wink J/K.

Reply by WDMD on 6/21/08 6:31am
Msg #252405

Re: She's not completing the packge, only the notarizations

"The LO asked you to notarize the docs, are you a notary? Whats the question, why would you even care if its the same or different. Just notarize the docs and be done with it! However I would charge whatever you charge for a regular set of loan docs, its going to take you at least as long if not longer to complete the signing."

I'm curious here as I do not know CA notary law. Here in Maryland if you are doing nothing but notarizing signatures it would be illegal to charge more than the statutory fee (and travel fee if applicable) per notarization. Time taken is not a consideration. If it takes "too much time" can you legally charge more than the statutory fee in CA?

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/20/08 7:14pm
Msg #252330

FHA Doc s are same as reg loan docs you could have a FHA with wells fargo They will be wells fargo docs.with few extra fha papers.FHA Docs with indy bank They will be indy bank docs with a few ex fha papers...Note FHA papers sign at top and lower part too you will learn.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/20/08 7:38pm
Msg #252335

IMO it's a bit unusual for the LO to do the closing (they have a financial interest).
Apparently, they want you there to witness the closing & notarize the necessary docs.
I hope you get a decent fee & don't think of charging them just per notarization.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.