is there any new info on X Marks The SPOt
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by raebeth on 6/18/08 5:36pm
Msg #251898

Hello,

just received a signing for this company. did a search. any search information appears to be old from 2004. I see new inquiries but no answers. any help at all would be appreciated.

Reply by Susan Bryant on 6/18/08 5:42pm
Msg #251900

Funny you should ask. Look at the searches. I took a signing from them yesterday and then looked at the site and backed out. I have all the phone numbers that they have been calling me on if amyone would like them.

Reply by davidK/CA on 6/18/08 5:54pm
Msg #251902

A tiger doesn't change his spots, nor does a leopard change his stripes.

Refuse all offers, unless you like working for free. JMHO.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/18/08 6:02pm
Msg #251905

Did a closing for Missy on 4/30. Pd 6/10 No problems here n/m

Reply by LKT/CA on 6/18/08 7:05pm
Msg #251921

X Marks the Spot out of Jacksonville, FL (Missy Rowe) is different from Sign On the X out of Aliso Viejo, CA (Missy Dobbs).

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/18/08 7:21pm
Msg #251924

"X Marks the Spot out of Jacksonville, FL (Missy Rowe) is different from Sign On the X out of Aliso Viejo, CA (Missy Dobbs)."

This has come up before....The folks in Florida REALLY need to change their name... Yeah, it's catchy, but most of us with more than 2 months experience are wary of any company with an "X" in their name.

Plus, the fact that they both have a "Missy" makes it even more confusing.

Marketing 101 - if you decide to use a name similar to that of a competitor, make sure that competitor doesn't have a bad reputation...

Reply by davidK/CA on 6/18/08 7:29pm
Msg #251932

My mistake and apology

My mistake for confusing "X Marks The Spot" with "Sign on the X". Having been lied to several times by the infamous "X" I was concerned that others would continue to fall into their trap.

New motto I shall try and remember: "Think before opening mouth".

Reply by MikeC/NY on 6/18/08 8:01pm
Msg #251937

You just proved my point...

What jumped out at you was that "X" in the name, and you immediately thought of SOX....

I have not dealt with the FL folks, although I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm sure they thought the name was a good idea at the time, but geez - if you're regularly being confused with a company that has the absolute WORST rep in the industry, it may be time to step back and rethink some things...

Reply by Becca_FL on 6/19/08 1:01am
Msg #251970

Re: You just proved my point...

>>>if you're regularly being confused with a company that has the absolute WORST rep in the industry, it may be time to step back and rethink some things...<<<

No doubt.

Reply by Louisiana33 on 6/19/08 2:01pm
Msg #252050

I did a signing for them in May. I have not been paid, but they were up front with their pay cycle. (45 days I think) They are within their pay cycle and the fee was not lowball. Unless they prove to be a nonpayer, I would work for them again.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.