Notary Rotary
nations direct
Notary Discussion History

nations direct
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by hellokitty71 on 6/11/08 3:17pm
Msg #250829

nations direct

Nations direct is crazy! They only pay $60 for a closing that includes:full refi, e-docs, 15-20 page fax back. I had no idea! When I called back to at least charge more for the fax back, they told me I had agreed to this amount when I signed up. I told them this would be my last closing with them.

To add further insult, the girl that answers the phone is rude & obnoxious!

Unless you have money, time and gas to burn-reconsider!

Reply by Cynthia/CA on 6/11/08 3:20pm
Msg #250832

Their expectations are ridiculous - I quit accepting assignments from them some time ago.

Reply by Louisiana33 on 6/11/08 3:27pm
Msg #250835

They also have a list of rules such as "no pen except ball point", no mention of other mortgages. I am doing a local signing for them in the morning (7 pages overnighted to customer). It is 2 miles from my office and they are only paying $30. When they sent me the confirmation, they had an attachment called "Golden Rules" stating the dress code, behavior code, pen code, yada yada.

Reply by Negrete on 6/11/08 3:39pm
Msg #250839

Just say NO to Nations Direct, that's really all there is to it people.

I have been trying to get an account that is using Nations Direct for some time now. This must be part of the reason that they only want to pay me what they want to pay. If I had the account, you would see better pay than what Nations Direct is offering, that for sure.

JUST SAY NO TO NATIONS DIRECT.

Anthony J Negrete

www.bofanotary.com

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 6/11/08 4:14pm
Msg #250866

Tony, you must "sell" them on your quality. NO ONE, but newbies are willing to work for their fees. What the title company is saving by using them must actually be costing them (or the potential of losing their customer). Good Luck!

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/11/08 3:32pm
Msg #250836

I would not do it you dont have to do it for that price.plus they may not even pay you.

Reply by hellokitty71 on 6/11/08 3:40pm
Msg #250841

To add FURTHER insult I just received the e-docs, 167 pages AND I have to make copies. I so badly want to cancel this :{!

Reply by Negrete on 6/11/08 3:43pm
Msg #250844

My gosh Kitty, please call them back and tell them NO WAY.

Anthony J Negrete

www.bofanotary.com

Reply by MistarellaFL on 6/11/08 3:46pm
Msg #250846

Bof a notary? WTH is that Tony? lol n/m

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 4:07pm
Msg #250856

Mildly obscene, boff a notary ranks right up there with

doing a notary in my book Wink Oops my bad, the post only has one f

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/11/08 9:35pm
Msg #250938

Re: Mildly obscene, boff a notary ranks right up there with

Personally I like your definition chuckie!!!!!

Reply by Charles_Ca on 6/11/08 9:44pm
Msg #250941

Not mine, check the "Urban Dictionary" website!

Literary people need to keep up on literary things. Love those lexicographers, its a dirty job but someone has to do it. Think of all the smut they have to read!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 6/11/08 3:51pm
Msg #250847

If you go ahead and do this deal

with 167 pgs X2, faxbacks, etc., etc. for $60, all due respect but you're just making yourself a part of the problem - Nations Direct and their like will not go away, or will not pay SA's what they deserve, as long as there are people who WILL do their work for a pittance. JMHO

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/11/08 3:52pm
Msg #250848

Here comes Kitty! No way do you have to do this for that price plus your not going to work for them ever again anyway.Just say No Nothing they can do about it at all they get 250.00 for this signing.Thats their fee. You get to lose money and your time.They will make all the money on this deal..Tell them no way or make them pay you 150.00 your fee.

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/11/08 4:04pm
Msg #250850

I like them - though I can understand why some don't.....

At first I was sort of turned off by their over-the-top attention to detail that sometimes feels like micromanagement, but in another way I sort of appreciate it (from a high standards, quality control perspective). I also like their web interface, again because of all the detail. It does take some getting used to, though.

And while I agree the fee expectations they post are very low, they usually get approval and meet my fee. You just have to make sure they understand that you have not committed to do the signing until they call back the second time and tell you they have gotten that approval for the higher fee.

Reply by Calnotary on 6/11/08 4:05pm
Msg #250852

Kitty hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Are you insane? n/m

Reply by Kristy Finley on 6/11/08 4:06pm
Msg #250853

Re: Kitty hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Are you insane?

Not insane, just uninformed-Now I know.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 6/11/08 4:11pm
Msg #250858

Don't forget you are in an Attorney state

that's another whole ball of wax. When I first started, I worked for a company (not Notary Direct or Global) that paid notaries $50 (no, I didn't work for them very long, just long enough to have another reference -- Ha, Ha I used them to get to where I wanted to go). Anyway, one day they faxed me my order and inadvertantly included an order for a job for a GA attorney. My fee was $50 -- his was $150!

Reply by GA/Atty on 6/11/08 4:14pm
Msg #250867

True but they post low fees for us also n/m

Reply by jojo_MN on 6/11/08 4:14pm
Msg #250868

Re: I like them - though I can understand why some don't.....

They called me yesterday to do a closing 35 miles away. They would only pay $30. "It's only 7 pages!.....) Too bad. That is over $8.00 in gas, 1 1/2 hours in time. No Way!!! I gave them my bare-minimum fee and they said they would have to get fee approval and would call me right back. I didn't hold my breath.

When I first started this business, they were very good to me and met my fee. Now that there is more competition in my area, they seem to think they can get the $40 they want to pay. All I can say is "Good Luck!".

Reply by Jack Tri on 6/11/08 4:20pm
Msg #250872

Re: I like them - though I can understand why some don't.....

NEVER take the 1st offer they will pay you more.Its just like a new or used car saleman that brings you a first offer they are hoping you take it Then They get a big pay check..And you lose.
Never Take that 1st offer tell them what you want to get paid.

Reply by MW/VA on 6/11/08 4:09pm
Msg #250857

I've never been able to understand why anyone takes work from them. They are the ultimate "lowballers". If I were you ,I simply wouldn't do it--say NO! NO! NO WAY!

Reply by Tish/CA on 6/11/08 4:11pm
Msg #250860

Hopefully you haven't already printed a 2nd set. Call them now before you lose any more money on this deal.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 6/11/08 5:20pm
Msg #250887

Just went thru it

I was put in their data base friday after agreeing to do a modification at 7am today. They called for another signing and that one just hit me wrong. I did not want to go around and around about fees so I said no.
They called me again a short while later saying they found my name in the yellowpages. Hello you just talked to me about this signing and I declined.
I got mad and fired off an email asking them to remove me from their data base and that I would honor the closing I had accepted. I got a terse email saying that had been canceled.
They called me again to talk about my email...this from someone who did not read the email but heard about it. I told them most of what is discussed in this thread.
Thought that was the end of it
Get a call the same day to do the original modification that was cancelled .
Sheesh!

Reply by Les_CO on 6/11/08 7:54pm
Msg #250920

Everybody complains about low-ballers , then goes and signs up with some really scummy outfit like nations direct. Don’t you understand that you are putting yourself and all others in this business, out-of-business? How can a good SS (like Tony’s) compete? He wants good notaries, he wants to pay for good notaries, he does pay for good notaries, BUT… When he tells Title he needs $125 for a good notary on a last minute e-doc closing, plus a little bit for me to web site running. They say “nations direct ONLY charges (they run from $225 to $170 depending on the deal) You should use cheaper notaries. We’ll call them! Anyone that signs with them should be cursed.
And as for "GA Attorney" Ya, you get your fee, (now) ( $250-$350) but maybe not after Atlanta Signatures signs with them. Don't come on here singing their praises, when you know what they pay others, is a quarter of what you get.

Reply by sue_pa on 6/11/08 8:11pm
Msg #250924

So, hellokitty71 (by the way, a GREAT business name), how is it that you think they can 'make' you do this order. If you agreed to all this for $60 I don't understand what your problem is . If the $60 was for something other than what you state here, cancel. If the $60 was for full refi, e-docs, 15-20 page fax back well then I have ZERO sympathy for you and have to wonder if you have any idea at all how to run a profitable business.

Reply by hellokitty71 on 6/11/08 8:42pm
Msg #250927

WOW what a response! Some of you were really nice and gave good advice. While others were quite nasty and disrespectful. I do this PART-TIME. I have a full time job so this is not my sole source of income. Also, this was the 1st full closing I accepted from them and the last. Had I known all the details I would not have agreed. I know no can "make" me do a closing-never said that. Again, thanks to all who responded with words of encouragement and/or sympathy. Good luck to everyone in the business!

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/11/08 9:34pm
Msg #250937

Re: nations direct MEOW GIRL

Now why does your answer NOT surprise me?

" I do this PART-TIME. I have a full time job so this is not my sole source of income."

exactly what they bank their $$$ on ... to get someone who plays at being a notary and takes pathetic fees.....

btw, you burned a few bridges mouthing off to some fo the best... you might need it some day and they will be silent......

JMO meow

Reply by hellokitty71 on 6/11/08 11:30pm
Msg #250958

Re: nations direct MEOW GIRL

AGAIN, WOW! SPELLED BACKWARDS-WOW!

Emotions run deep here! I "apologize" for this being my part-time job! Smile
I've "played" being a part-time signing agent for seven years and have done very well, thank you. I hope I have not taken any money out of your pocket way out here in TEXAS!
I haven't burned any bridges (to who?)-remember I have a full-time job! Smile GOOD NIGHT.

Reply by ZeeCA on 6/12/08 12:12am
Msg #250962

if you know it all and willing to work for low ball rates so

why post if this meets your needs?

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/11/08 11:26pm
Msg #250956

Think HelloSucker might be a better name.

And I really do hate attacking, but people who do this part-time for peanuts are really doing nothing more than using their full-time job's pay to subsidize a bank. Get real! Do the math, please, for your own sake as well as the rest of us.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.