Notary Rotary
navy federal credit union
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by bowie_MD on 6/22/08 11:23am
Msg #252474

NFRES has changed. They now require borrowers that refi to get their own closing attorney--THUS NO NEED FOR NSA
On equity lines they have a new company, first american that will handle these. You must contact first american to get on their list
good luck

Reply by Elaine Sedlock on 6/22/08 11:44am
Msg #252477

Watch out bowie, there are those who my think this post . .

. belongs on the political forum. Wink Just kidding, but then you never know. Navy federal may be construed as "political" to some of the members. Hope you don't get too harshly reprimanded. LOL!
On a serious note, thank you for the heads up! Have a great day!

Reply by Elaine Sedlock on 6/22/08 12:44pm
Msg #252485

Sorry, that wasn't funny, didn't mean to offend anyone

. . . Hope you have a sense of humor.

Reply by bowie_MD on 6/22/08 5:11pm
Msg #252507

Re: Sorry, that wasn't funny, didn't mean to offend anyone

You have to have a sense of humor to deal with the fine folks on here

Reply by LynnNC on 6/22/08 3:07pm
Msg #252496

"They now require borrowers that refi to get their own ..."

...closing attorney...", so it will cost the borrowers an additional $350, but, ERES will keep their entire fee...a new way to increase profits.

Reply by BrendaTx on 6/22/08 6:44pm
Msg #252522

Re: "They now require borrowers that refi to get their own .

Just a guess but I'm thinking they tell the borrowers "We emphatically recommend you get an attorney. If you don't you need to sign this waiver, then go find a notary of your choice to watch you sign the documents which require notarization."

I don't see how any lender can force an attorney into the situation. However, if my scenario is true, it does put the borrower on notice that they need an attorney and it does take the lender off the hook for nearly anything that happens during the document signing.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 6/22/08 9:25pm
Msg #252543

Thanks for the heads up about Navy Federal

I haven't heard from them in a while, now I know why. I live right next door to an Air Force Base and did quite a few Navy Federals. I guess I need to start marketing and advertising myself to the base and surrounding communities. They were such quick 10 min max loans.

Reply by Lee/AR on 6/22/08 10:45pm
Msg #252550

Re: "They now require borrowers that refi to get their own .

If they say "Closing Attorney", I doubt very much that they say diddley about a Notary.

Reply by mtnotary on 6/22/08 10:20pm
Msg #252548

I recently (in the past 2 weeks) got a loan from Navy Federal Credit Union and they had a Signing Agent come to my house.
It was actually funny as they called me first to do this closing and I asked them if it was for me and they said yes and I said sorry I can't notarize myself. She then laughed and called another notary.
By the way there are only 4 Certified Signing Agents in Northwest Montana so the chances were pretty good that I was going to get called to do my own signing.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.