Notary Rotary
oaths
Notary Discussion History

oaths
Go Back to June, 2008 Index

Posted by Stamper_WI on 6/19/08 11:19pm
Msg #252165

oaths

Came across this interesting piece of trivia. Here is the solemn oath of the Cambodian legal system

Because Buddhism--the prevailing religious belief in Cambodia--does not believe in a god, the oath is typically sworn to Buddha, the spirits of the courtroom, or the ghosts of famous Khmer warriors. The wording threatens dire punishments for those who would testify falsely:

"If I am home, let fire destroy my house for 800 reincarnations; if I am in a boat, let it sink for 800 reincarnations; when I become a ghost, let me eat bloody pus, or swim in boiling chili oil for 800 reincarnations."

Reply by sue_pa on 6/20/08 7:14am
Msg #252190

cool !! I've got to notarize a credit card affidvit for my sweetums this weekend. I do believe I'll make him raise his right hand, stand on one foot and recite this oath. Much better than our standard boring PA language.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.