Notary Rotary
Killing Time.. NO docs & my signing is in 20 minutes lol
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to May, 2008 Index

Posted by CJ/Alaska on 5/9/08 1:46pm
Msg #246918

Anyone else playing the waiting game right now??

Reply by SReis on 5/9/08 1:50pm
Msg #246919

I feel your pain...

Already had 1 canceled, waiting for HUD approval on my 3:30pm (which I need to leave for in 10 min) & same thing for my 6pm (which is over an hr away). Why can't things just go smoothly for once????

Reply by CJ/Alaska on 5/9/08 2:22pm
Msg #246925

Re: I feel your pain...

And they assigned this one to me back on Monday.. You would think with that much Lead
time, it could come together on time..
I did just get a phone call - its going to be another hour before I get the file.. then I need
time to print two sets of course, and the people are about a 20 min drive away..
I have a 5pm RESPA too, and I was told I would have those first thing this morning.. Its now
1116am Alaska time, and not sure which time zone its coming from but looks like a (443)
area code.. guess I could Google it..
These docs will probably get here when Im gone at the other signing!

Reply by Alice/MD on 5/9/08 3:41pm
Msg #246943

Re: I feel your pain...

You are singing my song. You would think if they schedule you on Monday for a Friday signing the docs could be sent overnight.

I use to get overnight docs back in the day and year of 2005 even.

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 5/9/08 2:46pm
Msg #246930

I know I know I have a signing at one end of town supposed to be a 1 pm and a rental car that has to be returned 30 miles away from where the signing is by 330 and I still have to get gas, go to the bank, etc to get my car out of the shop and still no title docs and the signing company cant get a hold of the guy at the title company its almost 1 oclock now

Reply by CJ/Alaska on 5/9/08 2:55pm
Msg #246933

Thought I was safe - scheduling two in one day since the 1st one was 11am -
5pm for the 2nd one? Sure, no problem.. BUT it seems these always fall apart
and Im left sitting AT the computer waiting and hitting refresh on my email,
every 2 minutes.. and the 6 hours I had between deals just POOF - its gone
with all the waiting games..
Time is MONEY...!
They seem to forget that..

Reply by MistarellaFL on 5/9/08 3:03pm
Msg #246935

Im left sitting AT the computer waiting???????

Don't do that.
If the docs are going to be late, ask them to call you when they are ready,
so you can do other thngs in between.
Never waste 6 hours.
JMHO

Reply by Teresa/FL on 5/9/08 5:57pm
Msg #246959

Misty, I agree with you

I have a Blackberry, so I usually know when the documents have been sent, but occasionally an email will go into the spam folder, so I ask them to call me when the email has been sent.

Most of the time I'm never farther than 10 or 15 minutes from home, so I can download and print within 30 minutes of receiving the email. If I'm going to be farther from home, I make sure I have my laptop and printer in the car and just print on the road.

Considering the price of gas these days, the less driving back and forth just to print documents the better. Paper and toner used to be my biggest expense, now it's gas.

Reply by Margaret_FL on 5/9/08 6:20pm
Msg #246962

Re: Misty, I agree with you

I too agree. If I get a call at 3:30pm for a 5pm signing from someone I never heard of, I decline. They are always the ones that you have to chase down payment. They expect you to be available at a moments notice, then they take forever to pay you. Sorry. not me.

Reply by SLHMinnesota on 5/9/08 5:16pm
Msg #246953

Same-day e-doc signings generally aren't worth the trouble

I know signings are really pretty slow just about everywhere, but I've gotten where I'm just not going to accept e-doc assignments unless I have adequate lead time to receive the docs. When they call me for a same day e-doc assignment and "aren't sure" when the docs will be ready, I just say no. It simply isn't worth the aggravation of waiting around for the lousy docs and adjusting your schedule to accommodate the delays. Argh! Saying no just feels so much better.

Reply by NMS/FL on 5/10/08 9:05pm
Msg #247035

Re: Same-day e-doc signings generally aren't worth the troub

You are right. I just don't play their games. Time is too precious. Almost no same day signings and the TC/SS has to be on my approved list.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.