Notary Rotary
Am I the last to find this out?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by rengel/CA on 12/29/09 9:10pm
Msg #316045

I wanted to check the balance on a Starbucks card today so I went online. You now have to set up an account to check your balance, but.... it's free and you get up to 2 hrs per day free wi-fi at Starbucks. (you also have to set up an AT&T acct - also free)

I don't normally hang out at Starbucks, but it could come in handy sometime between signings.

My .02

Reply by Michelle/AL on 12/29/09 9:15pm
Msg #316047

I've used Starbucks' Wi-Fi once for an eSign.

But it wasn't free then. I had to buy the card and put about $5 on it. Thanks for the info.

Reply by John Schenk on 12/29/09 9:42pm
Msg #316053

Yep, you were the last to find out...

LMAO I don't even go to Starbucks, except for a closing....Just KIDDING!

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT NEW YEARS!!!

JJ

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/29/09 10:17pm
Msg #316059

Those of you who have Verizon landline DSL service ..

Check you account as you might qualify for free use of their wifi service while on the road. There are thousands of wifi spots you can sign on and use. Your account doesn't include this if you are at their lowest DSL rate and speed, but if you pay for a higher download speed, you qualify. I use it often. Many people are not aware of this ....

Reply by Calnotary on 12/29/09 10:37pm
Msg #316063

Re: Those of you who have Verizon landline DSL service ..

If you have dsl with ATT you can have free access to starbucks and McDonalds wifi.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/29/09 10:17pm
Msg #316060

Sometimes I feel that I am back living in Seattle here in Orlando: we have so many free wifi spots and have for quite some time now, including Starbucks, the super bad roaster of almost decent coffee. No signing up - no time constraints either that I know of. This just sounds so odd to me.

Reply by rengel/CA on 12/29/09 10:45pm
Msg #316064

There are quite a few places that have free wi-fi, I've sat in the parking lot of a Burger King and used their wi-fi, McDonalds' also is free. But Starbucks has always charged, can't figure that one out.
I just like to have as many options as possible.

My .02

Reply by jba/fl on 12/29/09 10:53pm
Msg #316065

Many Options is Good! Can't argue against that! n/m

Reply by Frances Kany on 12/30/09 7:59am
Msg #316080

Re: Many Options is Good! Can't argue against that!

Here in Mississippi we have many spots of free WiFi also but if you are in a rural area you may have trouble finding one. I have a HTC Hero cell phone with a program that provides broadband service so it works fine for me even if I am in a rural area with no WiFi. I am trying to figure out though if I can print docs on a wifi printer through my cell phone.

Reply by Jim/AL on 12/30/09 11:02am
Msg #316096

You should be able to if your phone supports it. You may need to install data-viz or some other similar sware.

Reply by Frances Kany on 12/30/09 3:02pm
Msg #316126

Thanks Jim. I am going to back the 200 page manual this weekend and try to figure it out. My phone supports microsoft office and pdf files so I don't see why it won't work. It has blue tooth and wifi. I did buy a memory upgrade recently for it but they have one with even more memory so I think it just might work.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.