Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Does any know the lead time for CA commission renewals?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Alz on 12/21/09 3:07pm
Msg #315229

The State of CA have furloughs Fridays, layoffs, etc., which can/will impact the turnaround time for the renewal process. My commission will not expire until July 2010; therefore, I have a bit more time, but did not want to take any chances. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Reply by DOCS2U on 12/21/09 3:44pm
Msg #315238

about 6 months. Its really backed up.

Reply by Salvador Avalos on 12/21/09 5:09pm
Msg #315257

It took me two weeks to receive notification of my exam, but they did inform me I would not received my renewal until thirty days before my current one expires. I took the exam in November and my current commission expires in Feb.

Reply by LKT/CA on 12/21/09 5:49pm
Msg #315262

I understand that renewing Notaries should START the renewal process six months in advance, but you will not get your new commission until just before the old one expires - I think, within 30 days of the old commission expiring.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 12/21/09 7:17pm
Msg #315271

The lead time for Oct & Nov was 4-6 weeks. For most of 2008 and the 1st 6 months of 2009 it was running 10-12 weeks.

It you go to class/or a self study program 4 months before your commission expires you will be fine.

Reply by RickG/CA on 12/21/09 9:36pm
Msg #315300

Funny you should ask...

Here's a sure fire way to take the end of December off...

I took a class/exam on Oct 10, I guess it would have been the 10-12 week recommended time. The livescan was completed 2 weeks after when I received notice of passing. Two weeks ago I checked the status and there was an issue with the application I submitted. Last week I received the application with a request for additional information. I hand delivered the requested information the same day (benefits of living in the Sacramento, CA region) I sent another status check last Friday - oops FURLOUGH FRIDAY!!! As of this morning the application is in process.

My current commission expires on Dec 22 (yep that's tomorrow). I DO KNOW BETTER!!! No need to lamb baste me. On the bright side, I have not yet begun the Christmas shopping - No more excuses. I'm only 1 appointment shy of the monthly minimum. And, this is a time to spend with family and we've been doing that a lot this year I am very thankful for this career choice and what it affords.

The downer side, it's been pretty darn busy it would have been a GREAT month...oh well Happy Christmas to you all!!!

Lesson Learned: "Do the things you have to do, so you can do the things you want to do" -- author can't be remembered

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/21/09 10:08pm
Msg #315308

I learned the same lesson the last time I renewed

Thought I gave myself plenty of time, there ended up being an issue that needed resolving, I ended up taking a 4 week vacation from loan signings. Won't make the same mistake at the next renewal.

Reply by Alz on 12/21/09 11:09pm
Msg #315330

Thanks for sharing your experience... n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.