Dumb things.
Notary Discussion History

Dumb things.
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Kate/CA on 12/23/09 1:25pm
Msg #315570

Dumb things.

Do you ever wonder where some of these "Signing instructions come from?"
Today I got instructions that told me to print on "WHITE" paper. O.K., who has been using the color paper again?

Years ago, I heard of a signing agent, having the borrowers sign in green ink and she signed in red. Yes, it was at Christmas time. Lender was red with anger.

How many of us bring our pets, I'm sure this must have happened, but it always makes me laugh when I see it in the instructions. Can just see a dog chasing the borrower’s cat around the house.

And then the instructions not to use highlighter or whiteout, yet I have gotten docs from title and they used whiteout and highlighters. Were they to lazy to just make a copy of the document after using the whiteout?

If you are going to be more than 15 minutes late call the borrower. O K. If I am only going to be 14 minutes late I don't need to call?

If the borrower is a no show, leave some correspondence on the door. " Fool, where were you, I sat here for 1/2 hour waiting for you."

Reply by Linda Juenger on 12/23/09 2:18pm
Msg #315575

Actually there was a lady a while back to who took her dog with her to signings. She kept it in her purse. She said it calmed her anxiety (if I remember right).

They forgot: "Don't take the kids along" Since its not on there, is it ok?. jk

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/23/09 2:26pm
Msg #315577

Re: Dumb things. - These are GREAT! Thanks!

This cracked me up! And I bet we could all add a few to this list. Like right now I'm waiting for the HUD for an assignment that was supposed to be yesterday, but got rescheduled at about 10:15 am to noon today. I had an 11:00 am which was quick and close, leaving me just enough time. It's now 12:20, still no HUD. AND my instructions say to not print the docs until I get the HUD! Wife has to leave for work at 2:00 - and, of course, there is some travel time involved.

Do these people live in a different universe where the laws of physics don't apply? I'm just sayin'... Wink Yeah, I know. Goes with the territory. These things don't bother me much anymore. I can only do what I can do.

Reply by Kate/CA on 12/23/09 2:42pm
Msg #315579

I think they do live on another planet.

Reply by LisaWI on 12/23/09 5:30pm
Msg #315602

Hilarious!! The one I like is the instructions to call borrower and title company if youre going to be late. Ok, so Im driving, its dark and cant dial my phone to call anyone, so this means I have to pull over to call everyone making me even later. Being 5 minutes late just became 15?????

As my son used to say when he was younger "Makes no complete sense" lol

Reply by Ernest__CT on 12/23/09 5:33pm
Msg #315603

How 'bout those sticky flags pointing to "Sign Here" that are partially blocking the signature line?r

Highligher makes me worry.

"... WHITE paper ...." is the clear winner of the "Duh!" award.

Reply by Louis/AZ on 12/23/09 6:42pm
Msg #315607

I had an interesting one a few years ago from a signing service. It was something like this:

(1) Be sure to take docs with you (okay)
(2) Dress professionally (okay)
(3) Do not wear mini-skirts (okay, but you just spoiled my dramatic entrance)
(4) No shorts (okay)
(5) Refrain from making any comments about the borrower's home (okay)
(6) Do not use racial epithets at the table! XXX signing service will not tolerate racially insensitive comments and doing so will result in the forfeiture of your entire fee!

.....eh? You mean not only am I forbidden to wear my fabulous new miniskirt, I can' t dawn my KKK hood either? Sheesh.....these companies are taking all the fun out of signing. Seriously though, "don't use racial epithets at the table?" You know they wouldn't have put that on there unless someone had done it in the past. I agree, some of these do's and don'ts make you do a double take sometimes.

Reply by PAW on 12/23/09 7:50pm
Msg #315615

(3) Do not wear mini-skirts (okay, but you just spoiled my dramatic entrance)
(4) No shorts (okay)

Louis, if you don't do #3, be sure to do #4. Otherwise, the visual is just too ......

Reply by Kate/CA on 12/23/09 9:09pm
Msg #315621

That is the best I've heard of. Bet they were not a high paying company. They must have had a lot of great notaries working for them. With the exception of you, of course. You made me laugh. Thanks

Reply by Maureen_nh on 12/23/09 9:06pm
Msg #315620

Unless it is too hot, my dog goes with me, but not into the house (LOL) But you would be surprised at how many people invite me to bring my pup into play with their's. Visioning blood at the worst and over turned furniture as the least problem , I politely decline.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 12/23/09 10:03pm
Msg #315626

I think the comment on "white paper" means don't use re-cycled paper because it has a slightly brown tint to it.

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/23/09 10:57pm
Msg #315629

Remember the 'yellow paper' post a few years ago? n/m

Reply by jba/fl on 12/24/09 12:48am
Msg #315639

Is that the paper the dog peed on? (sorry - lol) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.