Notary Rotary
First signing tomorrow
Notary Discussion History

First signing tomorrow
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Beth Nelson on 12/1/09 12:02pm
Msg #312610

First signing tomorrow

I'm excited about my first signing tomorrow, however, I feel there should be more forms in the packet.

I have a HUD, limited correction agreement, a borrowers proceeds auth, and owner's affidavit.

Am I over reacting or could this be correct?

Thanks!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/1/09 12:05pm
Msg #312611

Sounds like all you have are the title docs and are missing the entire package from the lender. How did you receive the docs - were they e-mailed to you or overnighted to you?

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/1/09 12:06pm
Msg #312612

Even at that it sounds like only partial title docs...

From my experience several title docs are missing also.

Reply by Beth Nelson on 12/1/09 12:09pm
Msg #312613

They were on a website which I downloaded them from. When the company called me this morning to advise me the docs were available, I mentioned to him that I was expecting more. He then said there are 4 attachments which is what I printed.

Also, they printed out on letter size paper. Should be they be on legal size?

Thanks!

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/1/09 12:17pm
Msg #312615

I agree with Linda that usually there are more title docs, but not always. Some companies have very few (always love that!)

Check the attachments again to see for sure that nothing was missed (once opened, look at how many pages are on each attachment and scroll through them while they are on your screen). If you did indeed print everything, then contact the hiring party and tell them that the four attachments did not include any lender docs. There is no way you can proceed to a loan signing appointment without the lender package.

Sometimes I get packages that are all letter sized. Check to make sure that your printer is not set to shrink down legal size to letter. In my experience, the HUD always prints out on legal even if the rest of the package is on letter, but of course there are always a few exceptions.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/1/09 12:19pm
Msg #312616

Check with your hiring party about the size of the

paper required - you can then voice your concerns that you don't have the entire package. Let them guide you from there.

Reply by Beth Nelson on 12/1/09 12:23pm
Msg #312617

Re: Check with your hiring party about the size of the

Great! Thank you both for your help!

Reply by Jim/AL on 12/1/09 12:31pm
Msg #312620

If u do not have Mortgage/DOT, note, TIL etc.. then you

probably do not have the whole package.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/1/09 12:30pm
Msg #312618

With some additonal thought.....UNLESS

it's a cash purchase....then you might have it all - though why you'd have a proceeds authorization for a purchase is unclear...still...check with your hiring party.

Reply by JanelWI on 12/1/09 12:30pm
Msg #312619

Re: What kind of signing is it?

Is this a conventional refinance, FHA refinance, Heloc, buyer side, or seller side package (to name a few)? There is no way to intelligently answer if you don't mention what kind of loan you are signing tomorrow. Sometimes, there is a link for the rest of the documents in addition to the title paperwork. What does the HUD say at the top as to what kind of loan it is? That is one way to know whether or not you are missing paperwork. Are there funds due? Is it co-funding? If you do not know some of these answers, don't take this personal at all; we all have to start somewhere! I recommend that you do some more homework. This site is a great resource to read and learn from. It bothers me that you did not mention a mortgage, note, TIL, RTC...1003...etc.....loan packages are typically 65-100+ pages. If you make a mistake or go to a closing without the proper required paperwork, this is a costly mistake, you may not get paid, and could hurt the clients and borrowers as well. Don't feel there should be more paperwork, know it! This falls on you to understand what is there, and be able to properly navigate the borrowers through sometimes large amounts of paperwork with confidence, accuracy, and know how. Homework, homework, homework! and good luck tomorrow:-)

Reply by Beth Nelson on 12/1/09 1:19pm
Msg #312628

Re: What kind of signing is it?

Actually, it doesn't have a loan type marked in the top left corner of the HUD but I did call the hiring company and she said there should be about 60 pages and is calling to check on the remaining package.

Reply by JandB on 12/2/09 12:39am
Msg #312708

So...how did it go?

Just wondering.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.