Notary Rotary
Google Maps - Favorite Place
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Michelle/AL on 12/14/09 4:56pm
Msg #314314

I received a letter today from Google via snail mail telling me how many hits I've had on my business listing from 7/1 - 9/30. Included with the letter is a window decal with the Google logo and slogan "We're a Favorite Place on Google". What I find interesting is that the decal includes a bar code for Blackberry/smartphone users to scan with their phones. Once scanned, the barcode will connect the person to my internet listing (on Google) which links to my website. Scanning it will also enable them to store my contact info in their Blackberry messenger.

Has anyone else received this? I see both pros and cons and will give it some more thought before I decide to use it or not.

This Blackberry/Smartphone thing is really taking off. It seems each week I learn about a new feature.

Reply by AngelTX on 12/14/09 5:00pm
Msg #314315

yes i got one too today.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/14/09 6:07pm
Msg #314324

How did you list with Google, Michelle?

Reply by tonya/AL on 12/14/09 10:47pm
Msg #314350

www.google.com/local/add
This link should take you to the Google listings....

Reply by tonya/AL on 12/14/09 10:48pm
Msg #314352

www.google.com/local/add

This link should take you to the Google listings.....

Reply by Notarysigner on 12/14/09 6:07pm
Msg #314325

I frequent Google maps everyday and never heard of this or from them. Interesting!

Reply by MikeC/NY on 12/14/09 11:25pm
Msg #314357

"What I find interesting is that the decal includes a bar code for Blackberry/smartphone users to scan with their phones. Once scanned, the barcode will connect the person to my internet listing (on Google) which links to my website"

OK, I have a Blackberry and have no idea how I am supposed to scan a barcode, so I'm not sure how helpful this feature would be. Assuming I COULD scan a barcode, I'm not sure I could do that on the freeway at 65 miles an hour (nor do I think I would want to try...).. Smile

Reply by Michelle/AL on 12/14/09 11:50pm
Msg #314360

LOL @ MikeC/NY. n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.