Notary Rotary
Great Ergonomic Keyboard
Notary Discussion History

Great Ergonomic Keyboard
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Louis/AZ on 12/5/09 3:01pm
Msg #313177

Great Ergonomic Keyboard

I don't know if this is a common problem among NSA's, but I get wrist strain from having to be on the computer a lot typing correspondence and such. I just found this Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it is so much more comfortable than a standard keyboard. The only thing it's missing is a wrist massage! Just thought I'd share it with you all.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/5/09 3:21pm
Msg #313178

I've been using ergonomic keyboards for several years

now - once you get used to them they're much more comfortable to use IMO.

Reply by PAW on 12/5/09 7:34pm
Msg #313190

Re: I've been using ergonomic keyboards for several years

I too have been using a "natural" keyboard for longer than I can remember. (I'm on my fourth one!) I even carry one with me where ever I go if I know I'll be using my laptop or someone else's computer and a table or desk is available. I find it very hard to use a regular flat straight keyboard and no longer have keyboard carpal tunnel syndrom.

Reply by MikeLewis/AZ on 12/5/09 3:37pm
Msg #313180

Louis, have you tried the 7000 model? That's the one I have. It's wireless, and it's awesome!

-Mike

Reply by Prosperity on 12/5/09 3:51pm
Msg #313181

Mine is from Logitech. It's wonderful.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/5/09 6:06pm
Msg #313187

Louis is right about ergonomics!

I now have a bean/bead back type wrist pillow for my mouse and keyboard. It's a dream having those things to use rather than hard mouse/wrist resting things.

Reply by CF on 12/5/09 7:15pm
Msg #313188

Re: Louis is right about ergonomics!

Just to add I, too, have a cushioned mouse pad. Also, I have my mouse pad very high on my desk so that my arm is supported by the desk up to my elbow. I have my keyboard high on the desk so that both my wrists are supported by the desk. Just small changes in position of your keyboard and mouse can make a big difference.

Reply by PAW on 12/5/09 7:37pm
Msg #313192

No mouse here

Deconed all my mice a long time ago. I prefer to use a trackball. Logitech still makes the best ones, imo.

I would love to go wireless, but my KVM switch needs PS/2 connections for shortcut keys to work.

Reply by Louis/AZ on 12/5/09 8:06pm
Msg #313193

Re: Tricky getting used to it.

I did see the wireless 7000 model but it was almost $100, so I opted for the one with the hard-wire connection for $45. The keyboard on both of them is exactly the same, and I don't really need wireless here.

The thing I like about this is that it sort of forces you to use the right fingers for all the keys. It's more difficult to type "incorrectly." The only thing that's hard to get used to are the B and N keys. I always used to hit the B with my right hand, but on this keyboard it's on the left side, so sometimes I'll hit the N by accident. I was typing up an advertisement and submitting it to the printing company. It said "Louis is the Notary for the jon!" The guy at the printing company called me and said, "Uhhhh....are you sure this is right?" - - I was a bit embarrassed. Oops, at least someone caught it....

Reply by jba/fl on 12/5/09 9:19pm
Msg #313195

Notary for the jon! Priceless!

What a stretch for you right index finger - I can't even imagine that exercise....LOL

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.