Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
I am SO SICK of getting low ball offers!!!
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Lynne/OR on 12/16/09 6:20pm
Msg #314675

I have received so many low fee offers from signing companies, it makes me so angry!! The last one was from Bancserv...they called me yesterday and offered me $50 for a closing about 15 miles away from my office, docs with the borrower. The thing these schedulers don't realize is, that at 4:30 pm in Portland, it will take at least 45 min- 1 hour EACH way to get to this destination that is 15 miles away, plus about 45 minutes for the actual signing. SO not worth my time for that amount of money!! What makes me even more angry is that I know for a fact this company makes a very high $$$ per closing, yet they continue to low ball me with these $50 offers. Who in the world is accepting these offers???

Reply by jba/fl on 12/16/09 7:04pm
Msg #314676

Who in the world is accepting these offers???

Someone who lives closer. Someone who only wants bowling money. Someone who doesn't have to pay for supplies, printer, toner,etc. Someone who hasn't a clue and will be out of business before they start.

It is very frustrating. My offer today also came with that grea caveat: We have volume....
Yeah - bags of hot air!

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/16/09 7:20pm
Msg #314680

Re: Who in the world is accepting these offers???

Don't you just love that 'volume' ploy. There are places where volume can work for everyone.
Loan signings is NOT one of those places. You don't use any less paper or time or gas doing 5 a day than 1 every day for 5 days. Not unless the 'volume' signings are lined up like ducks at a shooting gallery...and in my 16 years of doing signings, that has happened once... ONCE.

Reply by SShoreDude on 12/16/09 7:34pm
Msg #314682

Need to direct these inexperienced notaries to this website, education is the best bet. THe more we Unionize, Wink the better off we will be.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/17/09 4:25am
Msg #314708

I soooo agree! That "volume" remark tells me one of two things. Either they don't really get how our side of the business works OR they just don't care and they're only seeing things from their own perspective. Wait!! There's a third option. They've figured out that some notaries don't get it either!! And those are the folks accepting these offers, apparently.

"Volume" works well for them, because they can have multiple notaries signing at the same time and helping them earn money. Even it were to happen, for us to fill our calendars with low fees is just foolish, since we then book ourselves up with low margin appointments that use just as many resources and just as much time, but provide little profit. Then when a higher paying offer comes along, we're not available. No thanks...

Reply by MW/VA on 12/16/09 7:49pm
Msg #314684

Did you tell them you're not Walmart????? LOL

Reply by jba/fl on 12/16/09 8:40pm
Msg #314688

That is funny MW -

I just ignore the 'volume' remarks and refuse to discuss since it is not going to happen. If there is to be a discount, it will be because I offer one, not that it is proposed/promised.

I have thought, on more than one occassion, that I should put on my invoice "Take 5% off if paid in 10 days" if going to someone who likes to pay longer than 30, just to see if they would bite. But, don't you know, they would take the 5% off and still pay in 30+ and really irritate me.

Reply by John Schenk on 12/16/09 9:48pm
Msg #314694

LMAO Yah, you're right there! n/m

Reply by Alz on 12/17/09 12:28am
Msg #314704

I have a handful of clients who

actually pays within 10 - 16 days and only one who pays within a week. The rest...well let's just say 30+

Reply by snoopdogMs on 12/17/09 8:06am
Msg #314713

In a perfect world, if the title companies would

take the time to cultivate a list of experienced notaries for all areas, and pay appropriately for the job, the low ball fees and botched packages would virtually disappear. Again, I said wishfully (perfect world).

Reply by MW/VA on 12/17/09 10:50am
Msg #314737

Re: In a perfect world, if the title companies would

That's on my Christmas wish list!

Reply by Gary Boehm on 12/17/09 8:39am
Msg #314718

I had a 'telemarketer' from a Title company call me yesterday asking me to "sign up" with them. He obviously was just hired for that purpose and really knew nothing about the business. He told me what their fee would be and it was bottom of the barrel - my barrel anyway.

But the curious thing about it was that I have done signings for signing services with that same title company and I was paid MORE than they were offering me directly! So now they are cutting out the signing services AND lowballing the Notaries direct!?

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/17/09 8:47am
Msg #314719

Gary...answering your final question: Yes, it is being tried. Emphasis on tried. Stick to your fees--and I know you will.

Reply by Notarysigner on 12/17/09 11:16am
Msg #314745

I would love to meet with the premier members in my area, but the low ballers probably wouldn't come. LOL Honestly I have "connected" with a couple but we really need to be more supportive of each other. My xmas wish list also.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.