Notary Rotary
JG Wentworth/COLLECT UP FRONT - update to msg# 308831
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Louis/AZ on 12/31/09 9:25pm
Msg #316326

I posted about lack of payment from JG Wentworth back on 10/27/09 (msg# 308831) and wanted to give you guys an update. About three weeks ago today I got a call from the same guy, Jaron Pendergast out of the Bryn Mawr, PA office who wanted me to travel to the same client at 1pm that day to have more docs signed. I said no way unless I received payment up front via PayPal, and I wouldn't leave the house until I got the PayPal confirmation. I just happened to have another appointment in the area at 11:30am. So I get out of the appointment at 12:30, I go to my mobile e-mail on my phone and sure enough: no payment confirmation. I told him I wasn't going to perform services until paid what was past due, and he assured me he would overnight the check and repeatedly making promises that he would get me paid. I declined, went home, and sent him a very strongly-worded e-mail about how I didn't believe him when he said he would get me paid. Sure enough, I let a couple of days go by and and no overnight check or PayPal payment, so I was glad I refused services - Jaron must have found some other notary for this extra paperwork.

It just so happens that today I did receive a check delivered standard mail post marked 12/28 for the amount owed from September. Althought they did pay me, I would strongly urge everyone out there to pay attention to the BAD reviews of this company both in Signing Central and when you use the orange search button, and I can't stress enough: if you're going to work for this company: COLLECT UP FRONT via paypal or overnight check. Do not under any circumstances perform services until you have payment in your hands (or in you PayPal account). I ignored the bad reviews and had headaches as a result.

Reply by Alz on 1/1/10 4:36pm
Msg #316367

"I ignored the bad reviews and had headaches as a result."

Thanks for stressing this point. I did the same thing with another company that is "notorious" for non-payment. I suffered for a short time from this costly mistake. Fortunately, they paid ($$$) me in full after I wrote I “nice”, but firm letter to their CEO and copied one of the top political figures in my state. Needless to say, I now take the comments and feedback provided a bit more seriously.

A.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.