Notary Rotary
JM Closing Services or Schedulingf
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by anita55109 on 12/29/09 5:31pm
Msg #316014

Does anyone have a phone number to reach these scumbags? I took this closing for them on 11/13 in my car in a very busy time and had no way to check on them. In fact, I've had so few of these lately I've become rather laxed in looking up new ones. Well anyway, I've come here to find out after I called them and the numbers I have don't work. They are deadbeats. Oh boy. Any one having a good number for them I would sure appreciate some help.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/29/09 5:42pm
Msg #316017

11/13 - this is 12/29...and you had two holidays

in there, both with long weekends ... I'm not defending them but maybe no need to panic yet ... you're just at 45 days .... Just a thought.

From their website:

Jonathan Means
President

Telephone: 410.961.4377
Fax: 601.767.4377
Mobile Phone Number: 410.961.4377

Reply by anita55109 on 12/30/09 8:04am
Msg #316081

Re: 11/13 - this is 12/29...and you had two holidays

I agree that extra time to pay because of the holidays might be warranted. However, I just was giving a courtesy call and the phones don't get answered. I get a recording after the third ring that says "The party you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please try your call later". RED FLAG

Reply by Sherry/WA on 6/4/10 12:26pm
Msg #339779

Re: 11/13 - this is 12/29...and you had two holidays

I did a signing for them in August of 2009 and have tried multiple times via e-mail and calling. When I submit via e-mail status of pmt they sent the "courtesy reply" of "thank you....we are looking into it". I do not recommend this two bit fly by night shop. I think it is terrible to hire a notary KNOWING you aren't going to pay them. Lesson learned and they are on my black list. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

Reply by Deborah Lewellen on 12/29/09 5:51pm
Msg #316018

410 area code is Maryland, Maryland has some really really strict business practices with licensing and such espescially when it comes to mortgage/title work. you can file a complaint with the attorney general if it comes to that and if they are in Baltimore, their are the BBB and maybe some other means to look into (no pun intended)
I agree it's only at 45 days, I have companies who regularly pay at 60days, I don't like it either, esp. when disbursement for some is within 2 weeks. Yet we all wait and wait, all the while they collect their weekly or bi-weekly paychecks with benefits.
so if it's

Reply by Cody on 12/29/09 6:32pm
Msg #316022

I received a payment this weekend for a signing done on 11/12.

Reply by Cam/CA on 12/29/09 7:02pm
Msg #316028

Re: JM Closing, as far as I know they are in AZ. When I

worked with them earlier in the year they took 60 plus days to pay, kept getting the runaround, check was sent out, must have got lost in the mail, no, it wasn't sent out - will get it out this week etc. When I got an email to sign up on their new website I declined.

Reply by Lawrence Brodsky on 12/29/09 7:46pm
Msg #316034

Re: JM Closing, as far as I know they are in AZ. When I

I am still waiting for payment from July 17. No respnse to repeated emails and phone calls. They had a forum on the website that they took down because of all the negative postings relating to non-payment.. I have spoken with the Title company and they tried to call for me as well. Jonathan didn't return their calls either. Please let us know if you ever gst paid and what hoops you had to jump through to get it.

Reply by Mark Gombrich on 1/7/10 5:55pm
Msg #317200

I've been trying to find Jonathan Means for almost 3 months. He owes me $400 since October. Last I heard he is living just outside Charlotte NC. Bryan who used to work for him, saw a 908 or a 980 prefix for him on this site. If anybody has any information or can find the number, please advise. I'm in the process now of contacting local television advocacy group who try and go after dead beats and scam artist. Anybody want to join the hunt

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.