Notary Rotary
LD Products--QC issues
Notary Discussion History

LD Products--QC issues
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by MW/VA on 12/21/09 9:38pm
Msg #315301

LD Products--QC issues

Is anyone else having problems with their remanuf. toner cartridges from LD? It seems that lately I have been having poor quality issues. Brother tech support won't help me out, either, because of using remanuf. toner.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/21/09 9:41pm
Msg #315302

The one time I had a problem, LD replaced it right away.

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 12/21/09 11:28pm
Msg #315335

LD Products are great.

My suggestion is to remove the original brother/hp/etc/ toner, which came with the printer and keep it/put it aside if you have to send the printer back to Brother/HP/etc.

None of these companies are going to support your problem with their printer if you tell them you have had problems with their printers and used a re-manufactured toner company.

Reply by MW/VA on 12/22/09 8:06am
Msg #315360

Thanks, Joan. I have kept the original drum, etc. This time the call to Brother tech support was strange. They asked me to pull out the drum & cartridge, and give them the Brother #s from the side of each. Of course, I couldn't do that. They are becoming proprietary, just like MS. I understand their issue with saying they can't warranty a product not knowing what kind of replacements we're using. It wouldn't be cost effective for me to do anything else.

Reply by Crossroads Accounting Inc. on 12/22/09 9:05pm
Msg #315478

I have been using LD for many years, but have found that some reman cartridges are not up to par with manufacturer cartridges. This is especially true for Lexmark, HP, Epson and maybe some others.

With HP, you can usually do fairly well with their brand as opposed to HP brand, but sometimes they have a problem.

You can contact LD and tell them you are having a problem with a cartridge. You can send the defective one back for free replacement.

I use their cartridge for my Lexmark E250d and E260d laser printers without any problems. With Lexmark inkjet printers there are sometimes problems.

Glad to be of help,
David G Komatz
Accountant, Mobile Signing Agent
www.crossroadsacctg.bravehost.com

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.