Notary Rotary
NNA Background Check - Can't get a copy
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Donnie Britt on 12/31/09 10:22am
Msg #316236

I've had a signing agency say their title company is requesting a copy of all of their notary's background reports (and they won't accept the NNA certificate that shows the background check validation dates).

I didn't have a copy of the actual report, so...
- I contacted the NNA
- They said contact Signix-Lexis
- Signix says they no longer do business with the NNA

I paid for that background check...I should be able to get that report...right ??

Anybody else running into this issue ?

Reply by desktopfull on 12/31/09 10:36am
Msg #316238

Sorry to hear about your problem, you are finding out that the NNA isn't there to help notaries. What you just ran into with the NNA is the main reason that many of us aren't members. They will do anything to put money in their coffers and increase our cost of doing business while promoting lowering what we are paid for our services to the mortgage lending industry. NotRot offers a BGC if you can't get the one from the NNA.

Reply by Donnie Britt on 12/31/09 10:40am
Msg #316239

So...if you don't use the NNA...are you certified and through who ? Don't the agencies you work for require that you be certified ? I'm thinking of just paying for another background check and cancelling my NNA membership and asking for a refund. Do you have a recommendation for E&O insurance...I got mine through the NNA as well.

Reply by desktopfull on 12/31/09 10:53am
Msg #316241

I gave up the certification years ago, it didn't mean anything. Having common sense is more relevant to doing this profession that any certification program offered by the NNA. None of the companies I work for require any certification. I purchased my E&O insurance, Bond and paid for my commission from the company where I renewed my commission. You can get your background check here on NotRot and possibly E&O insurance, depends on the state.

Reply by Donnie Britt on 12/31/09 10:55am
Msg #316242

thanks a lot...I appreciate it !!

Reply by LisaWI on 12/31/09 11:09am
Msg #316248

Donnie, not all comps require you to be "certified". Your state doesnt recognize you as being certified by any company or entity as a notary and it most certaintly isnt a requirement to do this profession. Notary E&O Insurance can be purchased thru here, or do a search on the internet.

I am sorry to hear about your run around with the NNA, but dont find it surprizing.

Reply by John Schenk on 12/31/09 5:57pm
Msg #316315

Canceling your membership definitely SHOULD NOT cancel your E & O with NNA. You've paid a premium for the policy period. They would get in HUGE trouble if you canceled your NNA membership and because of that they canceled your insurance, which is probably handled by some other company anyway, although don't know as I never had it through them. Regardless, insurance companies are regulated by the state and federal agencies. Don't think I'd worry about that until your commission is about to expire.

JMO

JJ

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/31/09 11:20am
Msg #316252

Quick note - might as well leave your E&O in place

til end of term...and you won't get a refund from the NNA - they don't do refunds.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.