Notary Rotary
Nearly 90 days and no payment
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by meganPA on 12/14/09 11:13am
Msg #314244

BIG mistake taking a mod signing from Paul Gambs/Pacific Documents back in September. He gave me his word there would be no issue with payment, things had changed, paying in 30 days, blahblahBLAHblahBLAH. I was reluctant but took it anyway, as he gave me his word I would have no issues with payment, he does payPal, etc....

Now here we are, coming up on 90 days and no check. Over the past two months he has told me four times the check went out, and he is obviously a liar. NEVER AGAIN will I ever work for this co., and a warning out there to those who might consider taking a job from them!

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/14/09 11:17am
Msg #314246

<<sigh>>...should have checked him out and

trusted in those who've gone before you...

Reply by Jean Hogstad on 12/14/09 11:41am
Msg #314252

I too have had a terrible time with this Paul. I received payment from him after 3 months, called for payment, received the check, deposited it; and low and behold the check came back NSF. And to my surprise, I called him and left a message with the person who answered the phone. Guess what? No call back, no payment and I am not going to hold my breath. No more for me either.

Reply by DD/OR on 12/14/09 11:51am
Msg #314254

I took some mods from a modification company before and always got paid but I think the situation is different now. I believe modification companys are getting knocked out of the box. The president got after mortgage companys to start offering their borrowers modifications and they are. So modification companys are not getting the business that they used to. That's probably why you haven't been paid because they don't have the money.

Reply by Andra/TN on 12/14/09 2:54pm
Msg #314295

I have never accepted any assignments from this person,however, my policy is this: "When I accept a signing, I go immediately to a forum here or other sites and query for the company to see if there is anything negative out there. If I find something that catches my attention in a negative factor, then I call them back immediatedly and tell that I can not accept the assignment. Usually if the there are hard core comments about payments and ethics, I usually inform them I won't do it based on their current or most recent reputation. Most of the time I tell them I have overbooked and apologizes. I have all the negative companies programed in my phone with a "DNA" code(do not answer) that way I won't have to accept and then go back and decline the job. You just have to try to outsmart the crooks out there. You need to develope your own method of weeding out the predators!

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 12/14/09 12:00pm
Msg #314258

Past performance dictates future results ..... and that's what I tell the poor performers. And there is plenty of info on this particular clown. ..... Trust your peers .....

Reply by Caper on 12/14/09 12:48pm
Msg #314273

This poster is the reason companies like this are still in business, and its hurting all of us. Stop being an enabler. Do your job, and that includes checking out these companies online and making sure they are reputable. If you didn't do that part of your job then maybe you don't deserve to be paid.

Why would you take someone's word when they are obviously not trustworthy as noted on these boards?

Reply by Lynne/OR on 12/14/09 1:19pm
Msg #314276

On Thursday evening I was called last minute for a signing with them. Because of the info I've read on this board about this company, I said no, because I was very reluctant I wouldn't be paid. Paul said he would wire funds into my paypal account, which he did immediately, and when I received the funds, I left for the closing. THANK YOU for all that have posted about this company, otherwise I wouldn't have been so cautious.

Reply by Megan Rowlands on 12/14/09 3:29pm
Msg #314300

"Caper," I am not an enabler. I have been doing closings for 5 years now, and with more than 1000 closings completed I have only been burned once... And it was by lenders first choice and we all know what happened with them. I always check out companies and do not work for the deadbeats, but I decided to give this guy one more chance against my better judgement. I do not need a lecture, I posted to warn anyone else who may be called to do a closing.

You have no right to tell me I don't deserve to get paid, bc I didn't check him out... Please...

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/14/09 9:26pm
Msg #314342

So this board and your personal judgment told you to say no

Yet you did the signing anyway. Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

Why are so many people their own worst enemies?

Reply by MW/VA on 12/14/09 2:02pm
Msg #314283

Call him--he always claims he is available by phone.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 12/14/09 11:47pm
Msg #314359

Or keep complaining, and he'll call you. Just ask Cali :) n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/15/09 12:38am
Msg #314361

Ain't that the truth

It's practically Pavlovian by this point.

Reply by Megan Rowlands on 12/22/09 1:45pm
Msg #315421

Just an update.... got my certified check today from paul.

Closing done 9/28/09, check received 12/22/09

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.