Notary Rotary
Printer Help Pretty Please :)
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by LisaWI on 12/2/09 9:55am
Msg #312761

I cant seem to find the posts that relate to this and am running out of time to just get the problem corrected.

My printer lately has been doing a few pages with mumbo jumbo instead of what is actually on the documents. It seems to be random and if I go in and print these pages seperately, it is fine. But this is getting to be a pain. Is this a printer settings issue? I thought maybe it was a PDF thing, but now Im printing with R-Viewer and its still doing it.

Any thoughts or advice would be wonderful and appreciated as I am at a loss. TIA Smile

Reply by Gary Boehm on 12/2/09 10:10am
Msg #312763

Since you are in a hurry I will throw something out to you right away. I'm sure there are more technical people here who will respond.

Sending a page to a laser printer is very complex these days. Just printing a single capital letter A in bold face might involve sending 50 - 60 characters that tell the printer how and where to print it! So if even one of those "extra" characters gets "dropped" it throws the whole sequence off and the printer then prints mumbo jumbo until it gets back in sync (if ever) with the computer.

So the question is why is one or more characters getting dropped? Could be mechanical: unplug and plug in both ends of your printer cable at least three times to burnish or "clean" the contacts. Could be software: you might need to update or re-install your printer "driver" - this is the software that tells your computer how to communicate witjh your printer. It could also be that you have the wrong printer driver installed. It might be close, but not quite the right one. Look up your printer manufacturer on the web and see if you can download and install the most current driver for your specific driver. You can also do a search for "printer driver (your printer model number)" and there are sites that supply them.

Good Luck!

Reply by Michelle/AL on 12/2/09 10:11am
Msg #312764

Lisa, did you try "save as" to your desktop and

printing from there? You're right. I remember someone posting an answer to your problem months or years ago. I'll try to find it.

Reply by snoopdogMs on 12/2/09 10:58am
Msg #312780

Lisa, just had this happen to me

2 weeks ago. Looked like what I would think arabic might look like. Initially thought it was my problem until I scrolled thru the docs and found that some of the docs came that way. I called the company that sent them. The guy resent them with no problem. It was not on my end.

Reply by LisaWI on 12/2/09 11:41am
Msg #312796

Thanx Everyone, Still Confused, But.....

the good news is Im printing using Swiftview. Not sure why this is working and not the original program that is supposed to print it, but its working. Kind of came across it by accident. Its not the documents themselves, cause I ran into this a couple of weeks ago with a different package in a different format. I think I have 2 different issues going on, one my printer isnt receiving the information correctly, thus the mumbo jumbo, and 2, this Remote Docs printer software isnt working correctly.

All is well for now and again, thanx for the feedback. You guys are great in a crunch Smile

Reply by Yowheelz on 12/2/09 12:29pm
Msg #312810

I resolved this issue on my Ricoh by updating driver n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.