Notary Rotary
Printing tips for FASS documents
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by jackpar on 12/10/09 4:57pm
Msg #313901

Anyone have any tips on speeding up the printing of documents downloaded from the FASS website?? I would really appreciate them because it seems they always take forever. Thanks. Jack

Reply by Hart - Marilyn on 12/10/09 7:09pm
Msg #313912

I work for FASS in Maryland and it just seems that certain lenders are much slower to print than others. You wont have that problem when they email docs to your email address.

Reply by Jim/AL on 12/10/09 8:46pm
Msg #313928

U can try saving file to desktop or ??? and printing from

the file location....may print quicker, but usually it is because of the way they are being scanned.

Good luck.

Reply by Linda//CA on 12/10/09 8:55pm
Msg #313930

Re: U can try saving file to desktop or ??? and printing from

Or it could be your printer. I print documents off of the
FASS web-site all of the time and do not have this problem.

Reply by Stamper_WI on 12/10/09 9:03pm
Msg #313932

Re: U can try saving file to desktop or ??? and printing from

They are sometimes to come up on the website, but once they are up, it's amatter of how fast your printer is.

Reply by John Schenk on 12/10/09 10:14pm
Msg #313939

I've actually had the same problem...

Usually have them email them to me.

Sometimes there are pages that come in that are .pdf pages, but they seem to be scanned in as a .jpg or .tiff file, because they take longer for the printers to recognize, and I have some heavy duty printers at my disposal. It's like some are scanned in as a graphic file instead of a .pdf, plus your printer is alternating from letter to legal, which that change also takes a sec to change trays, no matter what kind of printer you are using. The fuller you keep the trays, the less time to switch from letter to legal, or at least it is on mine.

Don't know if there's a fix for it, but always appreciate the computer guru input! Thanks guys!

JJ

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/10/09 11:46pm
Msg #313948

I think they're using like Adobe 1.1--an antique, anyway. n/m

Reply by BNotary on 12/11/09 6:59am
Msg #313963

Re: I think they're using like Adobe 1.1--an antique, anyway.

If a pdf file prints very slowly follow these steps.
Go to file.
Advanced
Put a check in the box marked "Print as image".

Always works for me.

Bob

Reply by jackpar on 12/11/09 8:56am
Msg #313976

Thanks for all the tips---have tried them all to no avail. It does not happen every time but it seems that they are slow only when you need them to print fast. Next time, I think I am going to try to print them on all legal paper to see if that helps. Good luck and thanks again.

Reply by Terry LYNCH on 12/11/09 10:38pm
Msg #314071

I have an HP 4050 and the default print setting is 1200 DPI. A .pdf will take 10 seconds per page at that resolution. If I lower the res. to 300 DPI it prints at 12-17 pages per minute. When you get the print menu, go to properties then to the advanced button and try changing the resolution.

Reply by TonyV on 12/28/09 8:55am
Msg #315826

Save them first Re: Printing tips for FASS documents

Download them frist into a temp file on your PC. MUCH QUICKER thank printing from website.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/28/09 10:32am
Msg #315837

Re: Save them first Re: Printing tips for any documents

I agree with Tony on this - and extend to any, not just a particular company.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.