Notary Rotary
Received my paper today, though I don't see how Office
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Philip Johnson on 12/15/09 6:17pm
Msg #314518

Depot can make any profit on shipping 51 pound boxes through UPS.

Not my worry I guess, I'll just make use of my $1.50 per ream paper.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/16/09 1:28am
Msg #314568

Thanks for sharing the info, including the coupon code! It certainly seemed too good to be true to me, too. In fact, I even called OD to make sure that they would accept two rebates for ordering two cases. Took me a while to get a straight answer, but it was "Yes"!!

I just hope it doesn't turn into a hassle trying to collect the rebate... Wink Thanks again!

Reply by Terrie Sliger on 12/16/09 11:36am
Msg #314593

I have seen good deals posted on letter size paper, but I was just wondering the closings I have done have been mostly on legal size paper. Do most people get away with regular letter size paper? I have been told if it doesn't state what size paper use legal size and as you know it costs more for legal size.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/16/09 11:38am
Msg #314595

"Do most people get away with regular letter size paper?"

Many have dual tray printers and will print the docs the way they are scanned, therefore, letter is used and both letter and legal paper sales are of interest. Shrinking to fit letter: no, no, no.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/16/09 3:35pm
Msg #314644

If you don't have a dual tray printer - and if you know what you're doing - you can select pages to print (e.g. if the Note and DOT/Mortgage are all letter size) and swap out paper. This can save you a touch on paper (although it takes more time) and could also prevent someone having to cut off edges on recordables, if letter size is required. Also, once in a while you will get a package that has legal in one attachment and letter in another.

Short of that, you do need to make sure that anything that is created/scanned legal size gets printed on legal size paper. That is critically important. I'd add that I'm pretty sure most of us go through lots more legal size paper than letter size. I also print all my confirmations, etc. on letter size. I think I've easily gone through two cases of letter size since this summer, even though things slowed down quite a bit for me starting on August 1, when a bunch of new laws went into effect.

Deals on legal size are much harder to find because it's not nearly as widely used. In fact, as you've probably found out, many office supply places don't even sell it by the case. I usually buy at Costco for I think about $40 a case.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.