United States Notary Association closes December 31
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Robert/FL on 12/14/09 4:08pm
Msg #314306

United States Notary Association closes December 31

I received this letter in today's mail:

===============================================

Dear member:

The United States Notary Association will cease operations as of December 31, 2009.

In January 2010, you will receive a refund of your remaining membership dues.

Should you have any questions, please email them to USNA at [e-mail address].

For the association,
Marc L. Aronson
President

===============================================

It's a shame to see them go. Their supplies were really quite good quality, membership was reasonably priced and they had a decent newsletter. I'd be curious to know why they are closing.

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 12/14/09 4:14pm
Msg #314307

Thank goodness, it isn't XYZ. If they ever closed, many here

would have to revert to compalaining about the weather and the
preformance of their local sports team. JK

Reply by MW/VA on 12/14/09 4:19pm
Msg #314308

Re: Thank goodness, it isn't XYZ. If they ever closed, many here

LOL. I sort of wish it was the other way around.

Reply by Robert/FL on 12/14/09 4:27pm
Msg #314311

Well I hate to say it, but if USNA had sent out countless solicitations like the NNA does, they would probably have gotten more business - perhaps enough to have kept them afloat. Although I can't say I've gotten any NNA ads since my last letter to them, suggesting that they offer a "budget" membership in consideration of the current economy.

Reply by LisaWI on 12/14/09 4:29pm
Msg #314312

Havent they been around for quite awhile? Youre right, this is a shame. I hate to see the companies out there who REALLY help the notaries go out of business. A sign of the times I guess. We havent hit bottom yet.

Reply by BrendaTx on 12/15/09 8:04am
Msg #314375

Sad to see USNA go. I recently renewed.

Now, I'm down to memberships with NotaryRotary.com and the American Association of Notaries/usnotaries.com. That's where my memberships will likely continue.

Reply by Robert/FL on 12/15/09 8:46am
Msg #314379

Re: Sad to see USNA go. I recently renewed.

I am currently a member of American Association of Notaries, American Society of Notaries, and Notary Law Institute. I do not plan on renewing any of those memberships when they expire next year. Quite honestly they have not provided me with any exceptional information and/or guidance that I wasn't able to get on my own anyway.

Reply by HARRY_PA on 12/15/09 8:47am
Msg #314380

USNA

This was an attempt by The Pennsylvania Association of Notaries to go national. It was a rough path. As a 20+ year member of PAN, I have found them to be an outstanding resource, especially for vehicle titling information. Perhaps some of forms that you have found useful will still be available through PAN. Their web site is www.notary.org. Merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah and a joyous Kwanzaa to all.

Harry

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.