Notary Rotary
continuing education classes
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Terrie Sliger on 12/9/09 9:30pm
Msg #313798

Hi I am in Indiana my title producer license is good for 2 years but where is a good place to look for some continuing education classes to go to so I can keep my license.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/10/09 6:50am
Msg #313815

I'd check with the Indiana state departments (Education, Insurance and/or Licensing) so you get your particular state-approved and state-specific education courses - see who they recommend.

MHO

Reply by bfd110_IN on 12/10/09 7:14am
Msg #313816

Call the ITLA. Since you just got your TPL, you will be placed on the great mailing list of ILTA. They will send you emails regarding greatly inflated training classes for fee generation for the State of Indiana. The classes are a freaking job. If you do not live in Indianapolis, you will be forced to sign up for the video retransmit.

THE BEST was when the video was being delivered at an attorneys office that sits on the Education Board. Simple question of how many hours are required to maintain your TPL, he had a blank look on his face and had no clue. I am soo glad these are the people dictating my education...

Good luck

Reply by Alice/MD on 12/10/09 12:36pm
Msg #313858

I get all of my required continuing education classes from Cape Education. I see they have all states listed on their website. In Maryland we are required to have 16 hours of CU's and 8 hours must be classroom.

Reply by bfd110_IN on 12/10/09 3:24pm
Msg #313888

Make sure they are approved with Department of Insurance

If they are not approved with DOI in Indiana the course is not valid.......

Reply by Alice/MD on 12/10/09 8:44pm
Msg #313926

Re: Make sure they are approved with Department of Insurance

Cape Education is approved and meet the State of Maryland requirements. If you email me I will give you their link so you can check it out for your self. Their fees are lower but their instructors are excellent. I just renewed by TPL and all went well. Good luck to you!!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.