leaving message on voice mail
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Art_MD on 12/14/09 11:12am
Msg #314243

I hate voice mail at times.

Call to confirm appointment. Get recording " hello, you've reached 123-4567. No one is available etc etc please leave a message" Not knowing if this is really the phone # of the borrower ( too often the number on the confirmation is wrong) I don't use the words loan or refi etc.

I say " this is for Mr. xxxx regarding our meeting at 6:00 this evening....please call me at 321-8765"

Art

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 12/14/09 11:22am
Msg #314248

I hate those too, Art...

My spiel for that is "Hello, this is a message for <borrower name> or <co-borrower name>..this is <me> a notary in <city> calling to confirm an appointment for <date/time>...please call me at <number> to confirm..again, my name is <name> and my number is <#>"...

Very vague message, I know, but hate those generic message things where you don't even know it's who you want (how many times have we been given the wrong number for the borrowers?) - rather be vague than give too much info to the wrong party.

Reply by CopperheadVA on 12/14/09 12:34pm
Msg #314268

Yes, I hate that too! And then there are those people who screen all their calls via caller ID and *never* answer any calls from a number they don't recognize. I even have friends who do this! I've gone to appts and mentioned to borrowers that I left several messages and they say, "Oh yes, we got them."

You know, I've had an unlisted home phone number for my entire life and hardly ever get a sales call. I don't even have caller ID on my home phone and I'm not afraid to answer my phone!

Reply by MW/VA on 12/14/09 2:08pm
Msg #314286

I hate those, too, but they always call me back to confirm. Sometimes I'd like to say, "I'm not a telemarketer.......". I'm among those who screen my calls.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.