Notary Rotary
revised hud
Notary Discussion History

revised hud
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by Ali/IL on 12/23/09 11:52am
Msg #315553

revised hud

I set out for a signing this morning. When I got back I saw that the title company had sent me a revised hud! I emailed back that they should have told me one was coming.

They will have to pay me to go back or send the hud to borrower themselves.

How have others handled that?

Reply by droman_IL on 12/23/09 11:59am
Msg #315554

It's been my experience that if the error results in more funds back to the borrower, then nothing needs to be done- the loan can fund with the HUD they have. If it results in the borrower having to pay more funds at closing, then they will need a new signed HUD. Typically they will send another one via fax or email to the borrower- it doesn't require notarization, so you don't have to go back to get a signature unless the TC is a real stickler. In that case, a trip fee would be in order.

Reply by RickG/CA on 12/23/09 12:04pm
Msg #315556

Re: not a solution to your issue, however...

this is compelling reason to have a smart phone in this business

Reply by Ali/IL on 12/23/09 12:06pm
Msg #315557

I know.
But, if they would have called me I would have taken care of it. The borrower has to pay another .50 in closing costs.

Reply by Ali/IL on 12/23/09 12:28pm
Msg #315559

The closer keeps insisting that she left me a message. I didn't get one. She probably left it too quick for it to go in there. My phone didn't even ring I was in a good area for reception and, even if no reception it still goes into vm fine.
I am going to have to go back with no fee.
It is a waste of time with this person to try to get them to admit it. I am going back to collect another 45 cents.

Reply by PAW on 12/23/09 12:42pm
Msg #315563

Compelling reason?

Rick, please elaborate why, specifically, a smart phone.

Reply by RickG/CA on 12/23/09 1:12pm
Msg #315569

Re: Compelling reason?

If Ali were to have received the email while on the road the message/attachment could have been printed along the way (mobile printer, FedEx Office, Staples, etc) with little time lost. Or may even have been forwarded to borrower for printing if necessary and equipped.

I've had messages/revisions come after I've left more than I care to. I like having a smart phone to alert me to voice/data messages for this reason.

Reply by PAW on 12/23/09 2:08pm
Msg #315573

Re: Compelling reason?

While the use of a smart phone for what you described is nice, but certainly not compelling, imo. The title company should have PHONED and talked to the agent to let her know that a new HUD was being sent.

Even if I had a smart phone, more than half the time I don't have reception anyway, so it would do no good. However, if they phoned and left a message, I would have received the voice mail as soon as I regained a signal.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 12/23/09 5:15pm
Msg #315597

I'm with PAW on this one, too! n/m

Reply by RickG/CA on 12/23/09 6:47pm
Msg #315608

Re: Compelling not absolute...

Paul, in your scenario, you would have both the data and voice message (if, of course, one was left - the real problem here) once you regained the signal. At the time you receive the message and attachments, you could make a beneficial determination, rather than completing the signing then returning home/office to find the message and reacting.

I don't have a problem with plain jane phones, I've just benefited greatly from having made the switch. Compelling??? "Yes" -- Absolute??? Nah.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 12/23/09 12:40pm
Msg #315561

Revised HUD? Not your problem!

If you did not RECEIVE a phone call (or voice message) telling you that there was an additional file coming, then it is not your fault, and therefore not your problem.

The HUD is not a notarized document (duh!). The party at fault could overnight the revised HUD to the borrower(s) for signature(s).

Don't get sucked into someone else's drama. Not your fault, not your problem, you should be paid for another trip if they insist that you go.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/23/09 12:41pm
Msg #315562

What is the time stamp you received the email advising of revised HUD? If you were in route or at the closing, of course you would not have received it in a timely fashion.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/23/09 12:43pm
Msg #315564

"I was in a good area for reception and, even if no reception it still goes into vm fine."

So you weren't even home when the call supposedly came? Time stamp.

Reply by Ali/IL on 12/23/09 12:51pm
Msg #315565

No, I wasn't home. I had distance to travel.
She is not admitting to her mistake. Says she called and left a message.
Now she is not returning my email. I guess I am going to have to go back to the borrower.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/23/09 1:02pm
Msg #315566

If you were gone, how were to to rectify this while either on the road or at the BO's home? Stick to your guns - this is their problem.

Outline suggested remedy in an email, along with additional fee tht she must approve by sending back to you prior to you going. Otherwise, she can send to BO either email/snail mail along with their FedEx account number/label and get it back before EOM/recission date. You are NOT needed.

Of course, the usual and customary caveat here: if they are a good client who gives you, without fail, $XXX a month, then you MAY want to reconsider.

Reply by Ali/IL on 12/23/09 1:10pm
Msg #315567

When I tried to get a return fee she told me that they would send it directly to borrower.

This was hard because it is a company that gives me volume.

Reply by jba/fl on 12/23/09 1:50pm
Msg #315571

Since she acknowledges that it can be sent directly to the BO, I'm sure it won't impact what you will do for them in the future. I think she was just being grumpy what with EOM and all and didn't need or want any additional work in her day.

Merry Christmas Ali - don't worry too much.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 12/23/09 4:03pm
Msg #315588

"Outline suggested remedy in an email"

Exactly. Do some of the logistical leg work for them. Make it real easy for them, save them some time and save yourself a trip!

Reply by ChristineHI on 12/24/09 1:14pm
Msg #315692

The signed one you did should suffice for the title company and it is true they can send the updated one directly to the borrowers. It is not notarized and even can be emailed to the borrowers. I am glad they are not requiring you to go back. It is actually not uncommon for there to be changes to the HUD even after the signing. That is why it is called an "estimated HUD". :-)

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.