Notary Rotary
speedy closings
Notary Discussion History

speedy closings
Go Back to December, 2009 Index

Posted by flea2001 on 12/7/09 7:45pm
Msg #313397

speedy closings

do they ever pay?????? its like almost 60+ days out i am a little nuts for taking the next signing but i just may take my luck or at this point my un luck what should i do???? has anyone ever got paid from this compny?????

Reply by Todd/OH on 12/7/09 7:50pm
Msg #313400

I've done two or three and that will be it. they take nearly 90 days to pay.

Reply by BNotary on 12/7/09 7:54pm
Msg #313402

I have done a few but none latley. Slow to pay but I always got paid.

Reply by MikeC/NY on 12/7/09 8:03pm
Msg #313403

The closings may be speedy, but it appears that payment is anything but... Check Signing Central or do a search here in the forum - there has been a lot posted about this company.

Your best bet is to always check companies out BEFORE you accept an assignment, if possible; if you can't do it before you accept, do so immediately afterward. You can always decline and hand the assignment back to them after you check them out; just don't do that at the last minute (no matter how bad they are, that would be both unprofessional and unfair to the borrowers, IMO).

Do your due diligence and proceed accordingly; if you don't, the problem is on you.

Reply by JulieD/KS on 12/7/09 9:21pm
Msg #313412

I accepted a signing from Speedy a month or so ago, but after checking NotRot ratings, I called him and told him I wouldn't do the signing for him because of his payment issues with my fellow notaries. I want these companies to know that I'm checking their ratings. As far as I am concerned, doing a signing for a company is like extending them credit. If they are stiffing other notaries, I won't help keep them in business.

Reply by CaliNotary on 12/8/09 12:02am
Msg #313420

"You can always decline and hand the assignment back to them after you check them out; just don't do that at the last minute (no matter how bad they are, that would be both unprofessional and unfair to the borrowers, IMO). "

A professional gets paid for his work. And on the scale of things that are unfair, I'd rank a signing agent getting stiffed for payment MUCH higher than a borrower having to reschedule a signing. I wouldn't care if it were 5 minutes before the appointment time, if I discovered that the signing was from a company with severe payment issues, I ain't wasting my time doing the signing.

Reply by flea2001 on 12/7/09 9:29pm
Msg #313414

thanks for the input. i am going to decline next assignment.... dont want to dig this grave deeper. but how would i be able to get paid on the assignments i completed. i feel they used me steady for the assignments and never wanted to pay us me in the first place!!!!! next time i will do my homework and check the boards.....learning lesson i guess!

Reply by Lee/AR on 12/7/09 9:38pm
Msg #313415

Not slamming you, but the definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Keep this in mind when checking Signing Central...if there are a lot of 'no pay' or 'very slow pay' or 'had to nag, nag, nag to get paid' posts.... well, your experience isn't going to be any different.

Reply by mwm143 on 12/8/09 8:14am
Msg #313430

They do require an invoice at the EOM.

Not sure if that's the delay. I've only ever done a couple and don't recall their "speediness" in paying, just that I received payment.

Reply by Shoshana/AZ on 12/7/09 9:45pm
Msg #313417

90+ Days for me. I got paid last week. Never again! n/m

Reply by Frances Kany on 12/8/09 8:51am
Msg #313438

Speedy does nto mean speedy payment in their case. I have done a few but knew going in it would be REALLY slow in getting payment. Just keep sending them an invoice every month and eventually you will get paid. I have too many other clients now I just don't answer their calls.

Reply by NotaryGirl71 on 12/15/09 7:55pm
Msg #314532

took a "last minute rush" signing but it took over 75 days plus several calls to get paid...but did eventually get paid...it's pretty annoying having to chase them down though..

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.