Notary Rotary
And this one's a lawyer!
Notary Discussion History

And this one's a lawyer!
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Marian_in_CA on 2/4/09 11:34pm
Msg #276575

And this one's a lawyer!

Check out this story of a lawyer who told a FATHER to sign for his SON, who was absent. Not only that... but he BACKDATED the docs and falsified the venue, too.

http://www.projo.com/news/content/MCCARTHY_ETHICS_02-05-09_RSD760P_v11.3d6bb8b.html

Reply by hp/MD on 2/5/09 6:27am
Msg #276580

This proofs a few things. He was desperate, greedy, stupid and bunch of other things.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/5/09 10:18am
Msg #276607

It got me wondering just how many notary laws one could actually violate in a single signing... and I think he covered just about all of them. I just shake my head at stuff like this, especially an attorney. I mean, he had to be at least intelligent enough to pass the bar exam. But no amount of intelligence will compensate for a lack of morality.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 2/5/09 2:02pm
Msg #276654

Good Grief Being a lawyer just makes the situtation worse. This one may serve a "little time." Pretty sad and pretty darn money crazed.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.