Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
CCS Settlement Services issue of non-payment.
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Susan/CA on 2/27/09 4:49pm
Msg #278972

I read messages recently regarding CCS Settlement services not paying their notaries and giving their notaries similar stories about lost mail, or the checks in the mail or accounting issues and so forth. Well, unfortunately I took a last minute signing from this company (2 people work there) and am now encountering non-payment for services rendered in Jan. 09. Allegedly the check was sent on 1/28/09 during a snow storm and "must" be lost, however, they don't want to stop payment yet due to costs involved. yadda, yadda, yadda...I smell a rat and have for some time. Luckily I have saved all documents all lender, and return information. I called the lender today and am beginning the process for demand for payment next week. Bev. Henry is not returning phone calls or emails. Sorry, Bev but I have to pay my bills too.

Anyway, if anyone has any updates on payment and this co. (2 people) I would appreciate any and all updates.

RE: CS SETTLEMENT SERVICES LLC/LOUISVILLE KY

Thank you,
Susan

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/27/09 4:55pm
Msg #278973

This is the same company that offered me $75 for a signing, including e-docs - when I told them my fee they told me the most they ever pay is $100 and that's if the signing's over 30 miles away - glad I turned that puppy down....Smile

Reply by Susan/CA on 2/27/09 5:10pm
Msg #278974

My fee was 150.00 and they agreed.

In fact I need to pull up the HUD... to see what it says, but she agreed to my fee. I am preparing my demand letter this weekend... to busy today. I work with attorneys and will get help with them drawing a good one up...

Well, lucky for you.. they called me while I was grocery shopping in the evening. There is no way I would have worked for the fee they offered you! Consider yourself lucky...no hassles....that was an easy no.

Reply by Susan/CA on 2/27/09 5:18pm
Msg #278975

Re: My fee was 150.00 & Yes I'm on the HUD for 150.00 :) n/m

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/27/09 5:36pm
Msg #278978

Re: My fee was 150.00 & Yes I'm on the HUD for 150.00 :)

Forgot to mention - signing was 45 miles away...min 90 miles rt providing I could find a FedEx or UPS drop close as there's NONE on the way..you're right - it was an easy "no"..and now seeing payment problems (sorry they're yours) I'm glad it was a "no"..

BTW - good luck in your collection efforts..Smile

Reply by dickb/wi on 2/27/09 6:20pm
Msg #278982

if they were a settlement agency and........

you were on the hud as a payee, it seems like there is a respa violation there. if you report it, it could cost them more than the $150.......they have to disburse all payouts listed on the hud when the monies are disbursed.....they hold that money "in trust"......jmho

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/27/09 6:36pm
Msg #278983

Re: if they were a settlement agency and........

Geez..I'd hate to think there's a settlement/title company paying $100....ick

Reply by Pat/IL on 2/28/09 12:11am
Msg #279031

Try the underwriter.

The agent is supposed to balance the escrow accounts to the penny. The underwriter is also supposed to audit the agent's files on a regular basis. If you flag the file for the underwriter, they just might pull that file in the next audit, which might happen sooner than later.

If that check was not cut, or if it was cut to their operating account, the agent may wish she had sent your check when the rest of the funds were disbursed.

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/28/09 12:17am
Msg #279032

Re: My fee was 150.00 and they agreed.

"Well, lucky for you.. they called me while I was grocery shopping in the evening"

What difference does that make? You still could have looked them up, discovered their payment history, and given the signing back. If that's an inconvenience for them, too bad, they should have done a better job of paying their notaries.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.