Notary Rotary
DNA
Notary Discussion History

DNA
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by pat/WA on 2/16/09 2:35pm
Msg #277677

DNA

Does anyone have any information on DNA notarizing?

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 2/16/09 3:23pm
Msg #277680

Probably better to get the entire person. From my ...

experience , DNA usually can't hold a pen worth a darn.
Actually , there was a thread on this a few days back
Go to message # 277371

Reply by Jessie Calderon on 2/16/09 3:33pm
Msg #277681

Re: Probably better to get the entire person. From my ...

I have personally done a DNA notarization for a 6 month old baby! Its not a big deal, really. You are required to meet with the mother/guardian of the child. The guardian has already received the DNA kit with instructions. The notary is not to do the testing. The notary watches as the guardian/mother is doing the test. The notary takes a picture of the baby and witnesses the DNA testing and signature. You would notarize 1 document and when you return back to your office, you download the picture and email it to the company that contacted you to complete the assignment. Not a big deal and it is pretty quick to get it done!

Reply by Bob_Chicago on 2/16/09 3:42pm
Msg #277683

Curious as to what steps you are supposed to take to

ID the baby.
Jessie, would you be nice enough to PM me with the info on this company.??
Thanks. Bob

Reply by pat/WA on 2/16/09 5:40pm
Msg #277697

Re: Curious as to what steps you are supposed to take to

I would love to get the information on this company. Could you PM me

Thanks
Pat

Reply by Becca_FL on 2/16/09 8:19pm
Msg #277714

Re: Curious as to what steps you are supposed to take to

Soc Sec card, Birth Cert, or even a crib card is acceptable in FL. Last, but not least, if no ID is present a photo and finger print (even though a fingerprint is a smudge at a very young age) can meet the minimum aabb requirement and many states have adopted this as a standard. Remember, you are not notarizing the infants signature and no notarization is required for legal paternity testing in most states.

If anyone decides to get into this they need to follow the AABB rules and the laws of their state NOT any notary BS. This has NOTHING to do with being a notary.

Watch out, now the NNA will have their own cert and section for this.

Reply by Becca_FL on 2/16/09 7:58pm
Msg #277713

Not trure in every instance.

Every lab has their own protocol and every state has their own protocol on how to collect a court admissible sample and some states require prior collection experience. I have been collecting DNA for my judicial circuit for 11 months. And No, I will not tell you how to get into this biz so don't ask.

Reply by Colleen Heaton on 2/17/09 7:21pm
Msg #277814

Re: Not trure in every instance.

Thanks, Becca. So much for sharing. I am certain anyone can find out all about this on the internet! Google is very helpful in that way.

About 10 years ago a Signing Agent went to my niece's home for a refinance closing. My niece tried to quiz the SA about the business, without any success. Being the determined person that she is, my niece got on the internet and learned all about the Notary Signing Agent business. Soon she was commissioned in OR and worked for many years in this business. As a result, I started my business in Idaho, and I love my job! I'm just praying it picks up soon.

Reply by Becca_FL on 2/17/09 8:00pm
Msg #277822

Thank you, Colleen.

You know, Colleen, in the beginning, this biz attracted many skilled entrepreneur types. Unfortunately, the NNA saw a way to capitalize on this new start up business venture and flooded the market with lazy, wannabe, make a fast buck, employee minded people that knew nothing about running or marketing a biz and opened up the NSA market to bottom feeding, low rent, cheap a$$ signing services.

I will NOT feed the warped minds of NNA new product managers and give them the golden ticket to the next new notary opportunity. Let them hide and squirm for thinking up the TEA program that feel flat on its face and let the REAL entrepreneurs do their own due diligence if this is an area of interest to expand their business. There are already low rent, bottom feeders trying to get a foot hold in this new opportunity, why give them the manual?

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.