Notary Rotary
Esignings
Notary Discussion History

Esignings
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by 101livescan on 2/2/09 11:25am
Msg #276210

Esignings

Any one notice an upswing in esigning requests during December/January? If so, in what part of the US are you in and how many calls/assignments did you have/fulfill?

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 2/2/09 12:13pm
Msg #276218

I had a couple of requests, no more than usual, probably due to the rural nature of my area.

I have probably priced myself out of esignings for now. I refuse to do it for the same price or less than overnight docs or edocs. It takes more equipment and more effort on our part, and a lower price on my pert isn't going to happen.

Reply by Patricia Manatt on 2/2/09 12:28pm
Msg #276227

I agree whole-heartedly, Glenn.

Reply by cdoty_IL on 2/2/09 12:40pm
Msg #276230

I have yet to do an Esigning, but I am set up for them. AT this point I am beginning to think that investing in a Laptop and 'Aircard was a waste in regards to the Esigning project....but I have found other uses for them in regards to my biz (for convenience purposes).

I am in a rural area.....so I am not suprised by the lack of request for Esignings at this point, sooner or later I am sure I will get calls for them..........but according to what others have sai on this forum, I am not sure I should look forward to that or not. The word is they are not as simple and streamlined as they were stated to be.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/2/09 1:02pm
Msg #276238

A SS told me last week (one that has high ratings in SC here) that the majority of her calls are Amtrust Esigns.

It's more convenient and cost saving from them.... but not for us. We still have to print borrower copies of the docs they e-signed.

If it were up to me, I'd prefer to put all the borrowers copies in PDF format and burn them to a CD that I can hand to them, rather than 150 pages of paper they may never look at. I know, as a borrower... I'd prefer that, because I go and scan all the papers anyway, keeping paper copies of only the most necessary items. But, I'm a techie like that. After all, they're just copies. I can print them out anytime I need them.

Reply by Teresa/FL on 2/2/09 2:27pm
Msg #276266

The point of printing the borrower copy set is in case there are problems with the AmTrust eSign web site (can't get internet connection, can't get access due to password issues, etc) you will have the paper copies to use as a backup.

When you complete the eSigning module online, there is a statement where you sign off saying you have destroyed the unused paper copies. At that point, you can save the eSigned documents to a disk or to your hard drive so you can email them to the borrower. This way they have paper copies of the wet-signed documents (or a digital version if they prefer) and a digital version only of the eSigned documents.

The way this is currently set up at this time you must print a full version of the documents.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/2/09 1:17pm
Msg #276244

I only got requests for & did a few esigns. All of the business, of course, of for Amtrust bank.
I had "suited up" for it, but took the hit for the early termination fee on my aircard. There was not nearly enough business to warrant the extra cost. I do think there are more of these being handled on the West Coast than here.

Reply by notaryinmo on 2/2/09 4:07pm
Msg #276283

I've contacted the Missouri SOS office. I've been advised that at this time, esignings are not recognized in Missouri. They aren't sure when or if esignings are going to be recognized or not, but when it's feasible to make $$ on esignings - I'll get what is needed then.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/2/09 10:16pm
Msg #276355

Esignings have nothing to do with e-notarization. We don't have e-notarization in VA either, but I have done e-signings (they are all for Amtrust Bank).

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.