Notary Rotary
HP 2300 N help
Notary Discussion History

HP 2300 N help
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Erwin Nudel on 2/11/09 9:25pm
Msg #277231

HP 2300 N help

I just bought and received a reconditioned HP 2300 N. Of course, it came without a toner cartridge or a printer cable. I ordered toner cartridges that should be here in a few days. Anyone have a suggestion as to which printer cable is best. It is capable of using a regular printer cable or USB cable. I prefer not to use the wireless network. TIA.

Reply by PAW on 2/12/09 7:14am
Msg #277242

I suggest using the USB cable if possible. More and more PC's are coming out without serial or parallel connectors. That way, your printer will be better suited if you decide to upgrade your PC later.

Theoretically, the USB connection will be faster. It is true that the data transmission speed on a USB 2.0 port is faster than the parallel port, but the maximum speed of the port is very rarely reached because the printer itself can only accept data at some given speed. So you probably wouldn't see much of a difference, if any, between using USB or the parallel connection.

Finally, another reason for using the USB port is that that printer may be easier to configure on the USB port rather than the parallel printer port.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.