Notary Rotary
Has anyone worked directly for HUD?
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Ronda Roaring on 2/15/09 1:39pm
Msg #277600

I was going through HUDs openings (none in NYS) and was wondering if any of you had ever worked directly for HUD and, if so, 1) What was the closing job like? (From the description, it looks like the agent may be required to open an escrow account.) and 2) How much did you charge?

Reply by Todd/OH on 2/15/09 5:02pm
Msg #277606

One must be specifically approved to get work straight from HUD. There's an entire application process with specific licensing requirements. Individual notaries are not likely to approved to get closing work as we know it.

Reply by Ronda Roaring on 2/16/09 1:22pm
Msg #277666

Yes, I know there is a process for getting approved, and I can personally tell you it takes weeks. That's why I was looking at the closing positions--because I've been approved. I was just wondering if anyone had ever been awarded a contract with HUD and, if so, what the job was like.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.