Notary Rotary
Internet faxing?
Notary Discussion History

Internet faxing?
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Julie/IL on 2/11/09 5:21pm
Msg #277210

Internet faxing?

I recieved an ad about internet faxing and I'm not really sure what it is. Is this the same term as an efax? How does it work? We have a standard fax machine but really don't use it much. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to try this internet faxing thing out. The ad was from Packets Internet Fax Service from only $3.95/month. Any suggestions or info is appreciated. Thanks,

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/11/09 6:42pm
Msg #277215

This might explain it: http://communication.howstuffworks.com/foip.htm

Personally? I use a service similar to efax: http://www.metrohispeed.com/

I love those guys. You get 1000 pages (in and out combined) a month and faxes go to your email if you want them to. You sen send a fax as if you're sending an email... which mean I can fax from my Blackberry, too.

It's $12.95/month... but totally worth it to me. As far as scanning existing documents for scanning, I have a portable scanner with my laptop that handles that. In my home office I have an all-in-one laser printer/scanner that is set up so when I hit the fax button, it scans the documents i nthe feed tray and opens up a new email for me while attaching the documents to the email.

Reply by Virginia/PA on 2/11/09 7:05pm
Msg #277217

I believe my MaxEMail account costs $69.95 per YEAR. I have never exceeded the monthly limit, so I am not certain exactly what their limit is. But it is reasonably priced for my needs. I stumbled on them accidentally when I used to have an e-fax number. In those days we had entire packages faxed to us and it was easy to go over limit. E-fax was costlier anyway and I got a 2nd service (MaxEMail) so I didn't have to pay the per page overage on E-Fax. When faxes slowed down I renewed MaxEMail but canned E-Fax.

Reply by Julie/IL on 2/11/09 8:11pm
Msg #277224

Thanks for ur replys n/m

Reply by Doris_CO on 2/11/09 9:35pm
Msg #277233

There have been discussions about internet fax services including some that are free. Do a search and you might find an answer to your question. I use a stand alone fax machine (I have an old Brother fax and a laser Brother MFC) and I buy phone cards to use for those long distance numbers. I can get a phone card at Target for about $10.00 for 300 minutes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.