Notary Rotary
More thoughts on Messaage #277566
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Les_CO on 2/16/09 6:35pm
Msg #277708

Since the borrower usually pays anywhere from $300 to $500 in Document Preparation fees. I think those getting paid to prepare the documents, including any changes, should actually “prepare” the docs, and NOT the Notary. I know I’ve missed many; maybe you members can contribute some?
I’m thinking of sending this back with my confirmation to some of these hand-holding SS.
Dear SS Please note!
The following fees will be added to my quoted fee, in the way of ‘fines’!!!
$25 if the borrowers only have one contact number, or the numbers are incorrect. (Unless the borrowers actually do only have one contact number.)
$25 if the borrowers address is incorrect.
$25 if the doc’s are sent after the scheduled appointment.
$25 If it is not possible to speak to the LO, or someone from Title, or the SS from the closing table.
$25 if the lender requires the non-borrowing spouse to sign any documents, and said documents do not have the NBS correct name typed in where appropriate.
$25 if in any notarized documents the borrowers names are not typed in correctly, where necessary, including the ’notarial block.’
$25 if the venue is incorrect in any document.
$100 if the signing is to be by a ‘Power of Attorney’ and the exact wording required by the lender, including the correct names of the AIF and the person granting said power, are not typed in correctly, where required.
$10 if there is no return label included in the package.
$25 if there are any ‘fax-backs’ required other than the signature page of the Note, DOT, TIL, RTC, HUD.
$50 if any required document (like the note/mortgage/DOT) is somehow not included in the package. Whether discovered by the notary while printing, or at the closing table.
$25 if there are corrected, or now approved, but changed documents, sent to the Notary less than one hour before the scheduled signing appointment.
$50 if these “corrected” documents are sent to the Notary after the scheduled signing appointment.
$5 if you require call-backs or fax-backs to a non toll-free number.
$5 if no one in this entire process has ever mentioned to the borrower that copies of their ID and SS Card will be required at signing.
$50 if no one has ever mentioned to the borrowers that the names on their ID’s must match the names on their documents to be signed.
NOTE:
By my acceptance of any signing assignment from you, or your company, you do hereby agree to the above terms, and further agree to never contact, or try and solicit business from any Lender, Title Company, Mortgage Broker, Bank, Credit Union, Signing Service, Realtor, Real Estate Company or Broker, Builder, Construction Company, Attorney, Law Firm, Company, or individual that I may have done business with in the past 20 years. EXCEPT: Feel free to contact any or the above that are now out of business, bankrupt, or in bankruptcy proceedings, or that are just deadbeats.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/16/09 6:40pm
Msg #277709

Woohoo! I'd be a millionaire in a year! :) n/m

Reply by cntrlcalntry on 2/16/09 7:20pm
Msg #277710

Love it!! n/m

Reply by MichiganAl on 2/16/09 11:56pm
Msg #277724

$10 for every call to ask me if the signing was completed after I've already followed your post close instructions.
$10 charge for every additional page of nagging instructions I have to read after page 1.
$10 if the borrower has to bring funds to the closing and I'm the first person to tell them.
Full fee if the signing is canceled, you called the borrower to inform them, but I don't find out until I'm calling begging for docs.
10% charge if I have to call to ask for my payment after 30 days.
15% after 45 days.
20% after 60 days, and so on until I own your company.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/17/09 5:59am
Msg #277731

"$10 if the borrower has to bring funds to the closing and I'm the first person to tell them.
20% after 60 days, and so on until I own your company."

Oh, yes to both. Till I own your company - Rofl!

Reply by Teddog/CO on 2/17/09 8:45am
Msg #277739

Great sign me up! Humm Just think by the time we finish our "new" invoices it should be about two pages of legal paper. What a wonderful idea Smile

Everyone have a great week.

Reply by Les_CO on 2/17/09 9:35am
Msg #277745

Excellent additions Al!!! And just where does one get the “Certified Funds” today to bring to the signing/closing? Oh, and my apologies for typos/spelling.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/17/09 7:58am
Msg #277736

This is great! How about sending it to every company out there--especially the ones who don't get why we can't accept low fees. I know they really have no idea what we deal with in the trenches.

Reply by MichiganAl on 2/17/09 9:42am
Msg #277746

Unbelieveable. Just to prove we're not making this stuff up

Showed up at my 9 a.m. 45 minutes away, Mrs. Borrower answers the door in her pjs, says the signing was moved from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and the location to a different area all together. "Didn't anybody tell you?" Um, nope.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/17/09 10:23am
Msg #277749

Re: Unbelieveable. Just to prove we're not making this stuff up

Full fee if the signing is canceled, you called the borrower to inform them, but I don't find out until I'm calling begging for docs.
I think you qualify - 1.5 hrs. in rush hour triffic for 'see ya at 3:30?' Oh, yeah!

Reply by Linda Juenger on 2/17/09 12:48pm
Msg #277766

$50 for not telling me that it is a 1st & 2nd and you only see and print 1 email and all attachemts. You get to appt and the borrower tells you " This is supposed to be 2 loans". Where are those docs I am asked.

Yes, it has happened to me. Drive 25 miles back home (its farther to drive to kinkos than back home) print the 2nd loan and drive 25 miles back to close it.

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 2/17/09 9:32pm
Msg #277853

$ 25.00 For using the wrong shipping enevelope!

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.