Notary Direct
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Art_PA on 2/12/09 9:31am
Msg #277261

Notary Direct

Does Notary Direct pay?

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/12/09 9:44am
Msg #277263

They don't pay much, so I only do a few very local ones each year, but they do pay usually within 2 weeks, 3 at the outside.

Reply by Terri/Fl on 2/12/09 9:44am
Msg #277264

Yes....PEANUTS!!!n/m

Reply by Calnotary on 2/12/09 10:12am
Msg #277269

I may look like an elephant but I don't eat their peanuts!

Reply by Richard Ingram on 2/12/09 2:21pm
Msg #277309

They pay well but their fees are very low. I do some modifications for them since only a couple docs to sign.

Reply by ChristineHI on 2/12/09 2:48pm
Msg #277317

Pay low fees. Docs were wrong and a they sent me a check for someone else! Haven't worked with them since.

Reply by Sherry_CA on 2/12/09 7:40pm
Msg #277360

What is considered low these days for a full set of loan docs?? I am at the point I just don't take it if its too low. The problem is there are sooo many others who will take it and so thats why they get away with these very low fees to pay us.

Reply by Karen Vaughn on 2/12/09 10:06pm
Msg #277374

I've turned down alot of jobs for Notary Direct because of low fees, but I have gotten them to increase their fees on several occasions. When they are desperate, they will pay.
As far as getting payments from them, they always pay.

Reply by ChristineHI on 2/12/09 10:33pm
Msg #277380

Well, each geographic area is different. Where I am, I consider less than $100 for e docs too low. For overnight, below $85 would be low. My typical fee is $125 e docs and $100 overnight. If there are faxbacks then I even more so reconsider the amount. They also have to be close to home.
Now, if a company brings me volume, I am more willing to reduce my fees as well. One thing I have learned over the years is if I feel really unhappy about an amount then it is too low. I need to feel I am getting paid what my time is worth. Remember, after taxes and expenses is the real amount. Make sure you actually make a profit after those two things are considered. In reality, you don't make the amount the pay you after those things. Once you take that approach you will be less likely to take low ball offers. If you accept $50 for instance, after everything is said and done, you are lucky if you will make $20. That is how I approach it. I want to be in this for the long haul so I think into the future so I can continue to do this for a living.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.