Msg #276358

OT: Hold the cornflakes: Denny’s offers free breakfast

See Leisure Forum - for tomorrow 2/3/09 6a-2p

Reply by Therese on 2/3/09 12:10am
Msg #276360

YES...it's true! Was advertised during the superbowl. n/m

Reply by CaliNotary on 2/3/09 12:15am
Msg #276361

I'm sure it'll be a mob scene. I'd rather just spend the $8 and not have to wait an hour to eat.

Reply by Doris_CO on 2/3/09 9:10am
Msg #276368

Re: IHOP will be giving away free pancakes on Feb. 24th

for national Pancake Day. You might have a better chance at IHOP then Denny's.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/3/09 9:27am
Msg #276371

Re: IHOP will be giving away free pancakes on Feb. 24th

FYI, Ash Wednesday is Feb. 25th. Traditionally, the day before is known as "Shrove Tuesday".
For some it is "pancake day". I came from a German tradition, and it was "fasnacht day"
(donuts). It is also Mardi Gras.

Reply by Todd/OH on 2/3/09 10:09pm
Msg #276481

The long lines

that didn't get any breakfast could backfire on 'em.

Reply by RickG/CA on 2/3/09 11:15am
Msg #276392

Just dropped off my daughters, the line is around the building - no thanks!!! I thought about driving thru MickeyD's and sitting and watching - decided to come home and have coffee and slice of pumkin cheesecake instead.

Reply by MistarellaFL on 2/3/09 11:37am
Msg #276394

Not me....

There's been a line around the building since around 7 AM here in Wrinklewood, where the retired population outnumbers the workling class.
No chance for a free grand slam for the working stiffs here.

Reply by JanetK_CA on 2/4/09 3:40am
Msg #276492

My experience there today...

I got docs early today for a change, had to run some errands near a Denny's so I thought I'd give it a try out of curiosity. (Certainly not for the food!) I got there at about 1:40 pm and was surprised to see that the line wasn't too long, so I figured what the heck. I got to the door right at the 2:00 pm cutoff. I'd been enjoying a conversation with a couple of interesting women in line behind me, so as they let me in and asked how many in my party, I included them. One other woman there by herself asked if she could join us, so we were a party of four. [BTW, they had a big, burly security guy at the door. Probably a good idea. Most of those in line were teenage boys - some back for their second trip... Smile]

Just before they seated us, one of the ladies got a call from a friend on her way over and we were able to get a table big enough to include her. I later found out that the lady who got the phone call knows some of the same people I do. Then her friend, who showed up after we sat down, turned out to be someone I did a signing with in October! We all ended up sitting and yakking for a couple of hours in what soon became a pretty empty restaurant - and had an absolute blast (and probably made some new friends)!

I didn't get all my errands done, but I had some fun and made it to my first appointment on time. Sometimes it pays to just go for it... Wink

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.