Notary Rotary
POA Signing
Notary Discussion History

POA Signing
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by HouTXNotary on 2/13/09 11:30pm
Msg #277487

POA Signing

Im in TX and I have a refi loan signing in the morning. The TC has given me instructions on how they want it signed, but does every signature have to be signed "jane doe by sue doe as attorney in fact" on every single signature line throughout the whole document???

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 2/13/09 11:32pm
Msg #277488

yes it does. I have a power of attorney for my exhusband and when he is too sick to handle his own stuff, that is how I have to sign for him. Try fitting all of that on that little signature line on checks!

Reply by HouTXNotary on 2/13/09 11:34pm
Msg #277489

Yikes this going to be a long one. the package is over 100 pages!

Reply by Donna LaBelle on 2/13/09 11:42pm
Msg #277490

I had one the other day that was 153 pages long and mrs borrower was so ill she could only sign by mark so I had to have 2 witnesses there who had to sign each page also.

Reply by Leon_CO on 2/14/09 4:01am
Msg #277505

Trustees are similar

I had a closing recently in which the signers were signing as trustees. They had to include 'Trustee' after every signature.

Reply by sue_pa on 2/14/09 7:38am
Msg #277517

type up the way they want it signed in nice big font on a plain piece of paper and place that in front of your signer so you don't have to keep repeating. Also type up the initialing method.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/14/09 7:40am
Msg #277519

Sue is right.

Big font, letter size & fold into a 'tent' & plop in front of them. This does make it go much faster and way less 'switch outs'. And, believe me, they do appreciate it.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/14/09 7:53am
Msg #277524

Add the date too. Some pkgs. tire people and they forget all

If I'm out of county, I sometimes put county as I need to reference from time to time. Never know when my memory will fail me...LOL

Reply by MW/VA on 2/14/09 7:47am
Msg #277522

Yes, the signature has to be the same throughout the package, as well as initials.
I live in an area that has a large military population, so POA signings are not that uncommon. You already realize you need to allow extra time. As Sue has suggested, it is a good idea to write up a "cheat sheet" with the exact way it needs to be signed or initialed.
I had a borrower-side purchase a few weeks ago. It was an out of state foreclosure property at that. The Mom was signing for both her son & daughter-in-law who were deployed. Fortunately, she was an office manager, and she got through that package in no time.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.