Notary Rotary
Pacific Document Services, Brentwood, CA G/B/U
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Yoli/CA on 2/2/09 4:00pm
Msg #276282

Used "Search" button. Seems some people love them and others wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole. Anything recent? Are they paying timely and with good checks?

Carrie at PDS offered a 2-page loan mod, date to be determined.

Thanks in advance for any input!

Reply by cass61 on 2/2/09 4:08pm
Msg #276284

I'm in Florida, and over the last month or so, have been contacted by PDS. My experience has been positive. I've received prompt payment for each loan mod signing--can't wait to get another call. No problems here!

Reply by 101livescan on 2/2/09 5:00pm
Msg #276296

I've always been paid on time by Pacific Document Services and I've worked with Paul for the past three years.

Reply by ChristineHI on 2/2/09 6:21pm
Msg #276315

Posted private message. Please read.

Reply by Yoli/CA on 2/2/09 7:06pm
Msg #276323

So, I received 2 positive postings in open forum and 2 negatives via pm.

Is PDS still bouncing checks?

Reply by Todd/OH on 2/2/09 7:40pm
Msg #276330

I've not had good experiences with Paul. He lied to me more than once. I won't work for him.

Reply by Pacific Document Services on 2/2/09 7:47pm
Msg #276331

Again for those charished notaries and or attorney's that work for us you know that we pay our notaries on a timely manner, there are no NSF checks, and if there were any they were rectified immediately. If you are not interested in working for us, we wish you the best, for those who are currently work for us, you know what kind of company we are and you know the respect myself and the rest of the staff at Pacific Document Services has for the services you provide.
Sincerely,
Paul

Reply by ChristineHI on 2/2/09 8:42pm
Msg #276338

Paul,
I just need to say I know how you run your company and that is why I won't work for you anymore.
I was not a "cherished" notary as you say. You bounced checks to me, then wanted to send me cash in the mail because you didn't have time to go to the bank to get a cashier's check that I required because you bounced a check twice to me.
Sending me cash in the mail..for gosh sakes Paul. Yes you sent it FEDEX after I required that..so I could track it...but I have never ever had someone send me cash in 18 years doing this.
I am sure you mean well, and I have never written like this before, but I work very hard at what I do and care a lot about what I do as well.
This site is to help notaries to gain factual information they can work with. We all know you monitor this site and hate it when any negative information is posted about you. The speed with which you respond to thread about you is astonishing!
I am sure some notaries have had good experiences as in any company, but many of us have not.
I feel intimidated to write anything about you here because I know you will write back defending yourself..quickly I might add, but as notary I just cannot sit back like this.
Times are very tough for all of us. I am a sympathetic person as well, however, I am also not going to be manipulated. I have processed mortgages for 16 years...I know this business...and you are a good manipulator. I just wish you were more realistic and honest.
In reality as a notary we have little or no protection except information we gain from each other to make sure we get paid. It is a risky business these days with businesses going under all over the place.
You always rectified things...yes....but Paul, they shouldn't happen in the first place.
I do hope things are better with your family and your business as I don't wish ill will on anyone, but, many of us are not "cherished" notaries.....and I feel I must speak up for those of us that aren't and for those of you that are...I am happy for you.
That is what all of us should be afterall!

Reply by Pacific Document Services on 2/2/09 9:09pm
Msg #276349

Wow now that is a first, someone who has done 6 deals for us telling me that i am supposed just sit here and listen to her witch hunt regarding my company...sorry Christine not going to happen...Christine unfortunately did some work for us while we were going through some difficult times, she had some checks returned to her which i rectified with cashier checks and overnighted them to Hawaii. Never has she mentioned that had taken place....so here is the deal Christine we have already come to the conclusion you don't want to work for us, we do not want you to work for us, so lets just leave it at that. I am no longer going to reply to these negative posts, the notaries that know me for the last 16 years (Rhonda Farmer, Terry Weir, Lorraine Peterson, Celeste Fulcher, Susan O'connel, Phyllis Johnson, Tye Goetz, Mathew Valera, Deanna Tritthart, Danielle Jacobson, Michael Mcgregor....and on and on and on I know
how you feel about our services, and yes i not only charish but respect all of the notaries who work for us and will for for us in the near future.....Christine...this is over ......go pick on someone else!!!!
Aloha
Paul

Reply by Rhonda Farmer on 2/2/09 8:59pm
Msg #276343

I have worked with this company for 10+ years and look forward to continuing our relationship. Granted there has been nsf's in the past but I can only say the checks were made good in a extremly quick fashion. Mean while I have written off some no pay companies and when you call the company to try to collect the phone is no longer in service. Paul gams is always a phone call away and doesn't hide. He is a man of his word.

Reply by JanetLA on 2/3/09 7:48am
Msg #276367

I had a negative experience with them too, as posted before

They shorted my check (check their history-I am not the only one) $10 and then sent another check for $10. Both of those checks bounced. I got two or three immediate calls from Paul, threats about posting TRUTH and I invited a call from his attorney. He did send the money overnight. Not impressed.... He should have done that because HE OWED IT TO ME. Further, everything I said was true. Just because some people get a check that does not bounce.... Is that really what makes a good company? I think there are better factors to use to judge. I was lied to many times by Paul as well... Best of luck to those of you that choose to work for them.

Reply by ChristineHI on 2/2/09 9:50pm
Msg #276354

Thanks for the call, Paul.
However, this is not a witch hunt nor do I have anything against you personally. I will not be calling you back as I feel that we have had our private discussions already.
This is about the business. Bouncing checks is a federal offense and I wish you understood that it is a serious thing.
If it was just me, or just a one time thing, but Paul, it has been a tough time for all of us and I am not the only one.
I am not picking on you and I am sorry you feel that way, however, I have only stated facts..and I did say you rectified it.
By rectifying it doesn't make it right or a good way to run a business and is illegal.
If I bounced checks to you and you saw that I did it to others as well, would you feel ok about it? It would perhaps make you a bit nervous and concerned about the welfare of the company.
This site is somewhere I come to for information to help me make decisions. Everyone here can decide if they feel it is worth the risk.
Many people are suffering right now and are willing to take more risks for money. I just want other notaries to know that there is a risk.
I would hope others would do the same. I want the facts so I can make my own decision. I am not sure why you are confused by this, but it is just about business only.
This thread is asking about other notaries experiences with your company.

That is what my experience was....that is all.

Reply by Rhonda Farmer on 2/2/09 10:24pm
Msg #276357

Christine.....

Christine,

I understand your fustration however if Paul really wanted to bounce checks then why would he quickly make good on them. He is not like the other companies that bounce check and don't make good...or like the other no pay companies like Real Pinnacle...Atm..Lia signings that still owe me money and are NO Where to be found...I would refocus your energy life is to short.

Reply by Marian_in_CA on 2/3/09 3:05am
Msg #276363

"....Bouncing checks is a federal offense..."

Uhm. Not always, and even then it's handled at the county or state level. Writing a bad check is only illegal if there is intent to defraud and usually only in direct exchange for goods. The vast majority of returned checks are a civil matter, not criminal.

I've been chasing payment on a bounced check for a client, one that was mailed to him and was for over $1000... and the cops won't touch it. Why? Because it was sent through the mail and was for payment of a bill or invoice. They do not consider that a criminal matter and the county DA won't take the case. We had to take her to small claims court and win a judgment. Still no pay, so we had to file a lien on her home, which was rejected because the original deed was a mess... but that's a different story. We then had to go BACK to court and order her to appear for a debtor's exam, and she didn't show. Only THEN did the judge issue a bench warrant for her, and not because of the check... but because she failed to appear in court when she was ordered to do so. The fact is... we'll probably never see that money, and we've spent too much chasing after it at this point. If she ever is brought in on the warrant, we'll see what we can do, but all she would need to do is declare bankruptcy and we'll never be able to collect.

My point is that you should be careful about accusing people of committing a federal crime. That's pretty serious, and you have openly admitted that they made good on the account.

"By rectifying it doesn't make it right or a good way to run a business and is illegal. "

Actually, the fact that they did rectify it should be enough. The fact that you continue to call the way he operates illegal is leaning on slander. I don't know either of you, nor do I have experience with either of you, but it just comes across as wholly malicious that you accuse the man of committing a federal crime and act as if you are still upset about it, even though he fixed it. This is just my layman observation, of course. I don't get it. Why not just say, "He bounced a couple checks, but eventually made good on them. The circumstances were such that we don't work together anymore." and leave it alone? People can glean plenty from something like that and know that there may be a risk.

Even the best businesses out there will have unfortunate disagreements and don't work together after something happens. But to go on about being a criminal? Don't you think that's a bit much? From what I've read, these guys are angels compared to some of the companies out there. Shouldn't we leave the vilification for the real criminals?

Reply by ChristineHI on 2/3/09 12:03pm
Msg #276395

I just want to say to Paul, that I know that you mean well.
My experience was a very upsetting and stressful one on myself and my family.
Having money disappear from my account, having my bank contact me and charge me, twice, was a difficult experience.
I would rather not get paid then have money and have it disappear.

I hope that you understand that those actions upset me greatly, however, I will put that aside now.

I hope that 2009 is better for all of us. I hope that you will perhaps understand how much your actions can have and affect on others. I hope that your family and business will continue to prosper and I do appreciate that you care.

Reply by Todd/OH on 2/3/09 2:30pm
Msg #276411

A lot of time wasted here -

Many of these posting relate to current business and that's fine. I personally don't see the value in sending a bad check only to "look good" in the process of correcting the problem.

I also don't see value in a firm replying to old stories and providing a defensive response. Be done with the past and work with today - build the business.

Reply by Todd/OH on 2/3/09 10:06pm
Msg #276480

Did some quickie research

I was curious how my experience with Paul played out.

He asked me to do a signing two years ago. Due to icy weather, the place of signing was declared a disaster area with no travel permitted. I reported this to Paul. I call the borrower once the weather clears and he stated the signing had taken place.

Paul researched and seems to think that I had car trouble. NOTHING could be further from the truth.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.