Notary Rotary
Patriot Title payment procedure
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Leon_CO on 2/4/09 5:21pm
Msg #276544

I recall a little while ago someone posted saying that they were having trouble getting paid for "signings" done for Patriot Title.

First, was it a RESPA signing, or was it a closing?

Did you use your own invoice, or did you use Patriot's invoice?

There's a big difference.

If it was a RESPA signing, then chances are there wasn't a "Settlement Servicves Invoice" included in the package. Also, chances are that the documents went to the loan officer -- not Patriot Title.

According to Patriot Title's instructions: "You must use the invoice provided by Patriot Title for your fee. Please return it along with the closing package."

If it was a RESPA signing, and the documents went to the loan officer, then that is the reason payment is delayed.

I did 2 RESPA signings for them in January, and haven't been paid yet. I had instructions to send the documents to the loan officer. I faxed my invoice to Patriot Title.

Then I got a call today to do a closing for one of those signings. In the package is the "Settlement Services Invoice". It wasn't included with the RESPA package. So I'll fill these out for the 2 RESPA signings and attach a letter explaining what happened. This should resolve the problem.

If this applies to anyone else, consider giving them a call and letting them know that you didn't receive their special "Settlement Services Invoice". According to their instructions, it's the only way they will pay you.

Good luck.

Reply by Linda Juenger on 2/4/09 8:31pm
Msg #276559

Yes Leon, you are absolutely correct. I just received payment for 2 Respa's that I did for Patriot last Nov. It took 3 months to get it straighted out. They pay on time for regular closings, but they need to figure out a system that we get paid for the Respa's. I don't understand how they keep overlooking these. I did the same thing you did and they still overlooked them. Since I don't care for doing Respa's anyway, I think I will just not take them anymore from Patriot. I'll do the closings only.

Reply by MW/VA on 2/4/09 10:34pm
Msg #276569

This has been my experience with them also. The thing with taking the RESPA is that you then get the signing. Their system requires you to use their invoice. I agree that they need a better system for paying on the RESPA's. I have one that I had to call them about.

Reply by hp/MD on 2/4/09 10:45pm
Msg #276571

Could you tell me which Patriot Title you are talking about? Seems to me that there are many of them. Are talking about the one in MD? TIA

Reply by Leon_CO on 2/5/09 5:09am
Msg #276579

Patriot Title in Maryland

Reply by Barbara___IL on 2/10/09 10:06am
Msg #277019

Hi..Yes, I was the one having trouble getting paid by Patriot Title in Md. I did 2 RESPAS for them in October. They won't answer or return my calls. I did the same thing. I mailed the package to whomever they told me to, and I faxed my own invoices to them.

How can I get a copy of a Settlement Services Invoice? If anyone has one, please fax or email it to me. [e-mail address] or 1-630-898-5455.

Thanks very much. Barbara

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.