Notary Rotary
Payment for Services Question
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Angel/CA on 2/27/09 7:27pm
Msg #278986

I was assigned a signing. I printed out copies of docs (150 Pages). I for signing and 1 for borrowers. At the signing the borrowers realized that the husband's middle initial was wrong on all the docs including DOT and Note. They decided not to sign until corrected.

The question is how much should I charge? The mileage was 12.3 R/T.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/27/09 8:30pm
Msg #278996

I have more questions than answers. Did you call the hiring entity to see if correcting/initialing would be acceptable? Most are OK with that and so those docs and the trip were salvageable--unless the B's absolutely refused to do that, in which case, I'd document it. To answer your question, what was your agreement for a no-sign? Full fee or trip/print fee?

Reply by Claudine Osborne on 2/27/09 10:23pm
Msg #279011

I agree..This was a salvagable signing. I hope you made some calls on this!

Reply by Angel/CA on 3/5/09 10:46pm
Msg #279776

The borrowere did try to call their loan person, but only had the office number. This signing was at 7 pm. This was not salvageable. The borrowers decided that since the DOT and Note were wrong they did not want to sign at all. I was not able to do the resigning due to another commitment.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.