Notary Rotary
Pier National Notary: Very interesting
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Ernest__CT on 2/12/09 4:31pm
Msg #277337

Having received a call from Rocky at Pier National Notary, I accepted the signing.

When I called the borrower to confirm, Mrs. Borrower said she'd been contacted earlier today by "... a woman with a man's name." Mrs. Borrower could not recall the name. She thought the previous caller might be part of my company (nope). We arranged a place to do the signing. Apartment 9B is part of the address in Groton, CT.

After looking up Pier National Notary here, I emailed back saying: "No fee reduction, no 'penalty'. If I make a miss a signature, etc., I fix it at my expense. Once the closing is completed, I must be paid whether the loan funds or not. You do not have a sterling reputation."

Wonder of wonders, Rocky called back and said she's assigning someone else to the closing.

Caveat lector.

Reply by 101livescan on 2/12/09 5:05pm
Msg #277340

What a blessing, huh? Saved from a fate worse than.....who needs it!

Reply by davidK/CA on 2/12/09 5:20pm
Msg #277343

Ceveat lector as in Dr. Hannibal Lecter? n/m

Reply by Ernest__CT on 2/12/09 5:55pm
Msg #277350

No; "caveat lector" as in "Reader beware", and ....

... "caveat canum" (beware of the dog) and "caveat emptor" (let the buyer beware).

In this case, be sure that you have confirmation that you're going to be paid, on time and in full. Warn any company that talks about "penalties" and "fee reductions" that you expect to be paid IN FULL whether the loan funds or not. Once the signing has been completed successfully, you must be paid. And paid within a reasonable time. If you goof, fix it (and pay shipping for the fixed doc!), and then you must paid in full.

You don't really believe that the borrowers are getting $$$ back on their closing costs because you missed a signature, do you?r

Reply by MsM/CT on 2/12/09 6:46pm
Msg #277354

Re: No; "caveat lector" as in "Reader beware", and ....

I think they called me to replace you! Had an appointment when they called. Guess I lucked out. I'm booked for tomorrow evening anyway.

Reply by Ernest__CT on 2/12/09 7:38pm
Msg #277359

Aha! Good for you! This is what happens ...

... when word gets around about no-pay signing services. Soon all they can find are newbies who don't believe that the rest of us have been burned, until they get burned, too.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.