Notary Rotary
Question for FLORIDA notaries
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by jba/fl on 2/17/09 8:42pm
Msg #277838

I have a friend who has an uncle who owns a piece of property in FL. He doesn't know where. Is there a way to find out where the property is with his name, SS# and his home address, which is out of state? Is there a state entity or will the search have to begin by county?

BTW: suffice to say, I will not be doing any further assistance with this little project as it is a Hatfield/McCoy type situation with a bit of memory loss thrown in.

Thanks for any assistance you can give.

Reply by Becca_FL on 2/17/09 8:48pm
Msg #277840

Julie, call me tomorrow after 10am. We can discuss. n/m

Reply by BEEJ on 2/17/09 9:02pm
Msg #277842

I'm not in Florida, but I would start by asking your friend if her uncle has any tax statements such as county, school, or city. Most likely property id (ie tax map #) can be found on these. This is where I would start, but I'm in NY and it may be totally different in FL.

Reply by jba/fl on 2/18/09 11:50am
Msg #277920

First, BEEJ, thank you for your response. We are not so different here either. Problem: only have a name of owner.

Second, the needle in the haystack is slowly being found through the excellent links provided by LindaH/Fl and advice via phone call from Becca. I am just trying to save my friends some money and both these lovely Florida ladies have helped immensely. My friends are searching as we speak, so I expect resolution shortly, and if it should not come as expected, a Plan B has been provided that will skirt attorney's fees for as long as possible.

Thank you all for your assistance.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.