Notary Rotary
REO
Notary Discussion History

REO
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by PartikgirlNJ on 2/5/09 9:54am
Msg #276598

REO

Anyone heard from this company lately or Jack? They owe me some money from a while ago and I was wondering if they are still out there? I did a search on them and it looks like they are trouble with a big T, any opinions

Reply by LauriecPA on 2/5/09 10:07am
Msg #276600

I heard from them in Dec. I accepted the closing, b/c I was on the road and not near a computer.

I checked them out on Not Rot and called back to say I was not going to be able to work for them, b/c of their reputation for not paying.

The guy I spoke with said "We're trying to turn things around." "Are you sure you won't reconsider?"

That didn't sound too promising, so I declined.

Good luck, maybe they'll pay since they're "trying to turn things around."

Reply by MW/VA on 2/5/09 10:11am
Msg #276603

There are lots of comments on Signing Central.

Reply by PartikgirlNJ on 2/5/09 10:19am
Msg #276608

Yea I have now read all the comments on NotRot. I will now write them off BUT I never received a 1099 from them and if they are not paying their notaries then I am sure they are not paying the government! Before my life as a notary I worked very very closely with the IRS and still have lots of friends in the audit department! I have tried talking to REO/Jack I faxed my invoices, I mailed my invoices and I emailed my invoices so I now I will email a friend of mine in the IRS maybe he can help! I am not being mean but I did a lot of signings for them within a 60 day period and I just thought they were slow payers at first but it has now been over 6 months so DUHHHH Shame on me.

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/5/09 10:33am
Msg #276611

" never received a 1099 from them and if they are not paying their notaries then I am sure they are not paying the government!"

Not necessarily true - if they haven't paid you they don't have to issue a 1099 so no complaint...and if they've paid you less than $600 in 2008 they're not obligated to issue one either...they also may not be obligated to issue a 1099 if payments were made out of certain trust/escrow accounts....

The IRS is not a collection agency and they want solid proof of complaints made...

Reply by PartikgirlNJ on 2/5/09 10:49am
Msg #276615

I am not asking the IRS to be a collection agency, I will do that through small claims court. I issue 1099 forms to people who work for me, I know about the $600 etc. I just don't like it that some people get away with stuff over and over again and never seem to pay any price for their scams!

Reply by MW/VA on 2/5/09 11:01am
Msg #276618

I've heard of some notaries having collection success by going to the State Corporation Commission in PA. I don't have the exact details, but I'm sure you can track it down. IMO you don't "write it off" until you have exhausted all other avenues.

Reply by Tish/CA on 2/5/09 2:24pm
Msg #276660

Please be sure and add your comments to SS as the last comment was 10/08 and people need to know they're still stiffing their notaries.
TIA

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.