Notary Rotary
Regarding Msg #278266 posted 2/20/09
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by spnotaryplus on 2/24/09 6:36pm
Msg #278627

Its been a while since I have posted here on NR. As I was looking back I came across the above message regarding BOFA (Bank of America/Countrywide).

The answer to the question on if they are doing a mass hiring is "YES". Unless I am mistaken that was one of the questions asked. Right now they seem to have quite a bit of loans being closed. Each area is affected differently. New York is very much an attorney only state from what I have seen on the closing confirmations with the exceptions of modifications which are not. NSA's can do the Mods. New Jersey is pretty much in the same boat. I can write a lot more but then it would be too long if I went state by state. Hope this answered the question of the original post.

Steve

Reply by MikeC/NY on 2/25/09 12:36am
Msg #278663

"New York is very much an attorney only state from what I have seen on the closing confirmations with the exceptions of modifications which are not. "

NY is not an attorney only state, but by tradition (not law) purchases in the NYC area - the 5 boroughs of NYC, Long Island, and north to the Hudson Valley - generally require an attorney. The rest of the state doesn't work that way. For anything other than a purchase, the lawyer's involvement is optional.

Reply by Cari on 2/25/09 3:44pm
Msg #278715

what about Illinois? How's that looking? n/m

Reply by spnotaryplus on 2/25/09 9:02pm
Msg #278750

Hi Mike, The words I used as I read them again, was in itself wrong. In my haste to get the message out I shortened my original comment and well the rest is history. So let me try again.

Basically I have seen a heavy volume of work going to attorney's in upstate NY. Also in Long Island, NYC, NJ, Ill, FL and CA. Also, everything in my area as well with the exception of mods have been closed by an attorney. I noticed there is a notary who doesn't post on this board is covering the mods in my area.-

I handle just about everything that comes in from CW and BOFA and see first hand all the paperwork. I just wanted to get the word out. I noticed BOFA uses NSA's for their closings so it's going to be interesting to see what happens when the internal transition to their system is complete.

A little note: Some attorneys are dolling out the work to NSA's while charging the high attorney fees and giving a portion to the NSA.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.