Notary Rotary
Service Link
Notary Discussion History

Service Link
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by Faith Brown on 2/9/09 7:29pm
Msg #276969

Service Link

Got a closing from this company. Did a closing some time ago. Quoted them a fee. Remember this closing as being a pain and low fee. Anyone have the latest info on them?
Tnx.

Reply by GA/Atty on 2/9/09 7:32pm
Msg #276970

They are one of my favorites. n/m

Reply by pan/nd on 2/9/09 8:48pm
Msg #276975

Re: your memory is correct n/m

Reply by Stringer_CA on 2/10/09 1:20am
Msg #276989

They met my fee. I did a signing for them on 2/3/09 and received payment on 2/9/09. A good company to work for.

Reply by Todd/OH on 2/10/09 2:13pm
Msg #277074

Got paid in a week?

This is a good company although they lowered their fees. When they require you to submit an invoice once each month, how does one get paid within six days so early in the month?

Reply by Leon_CO on 2/10/09 7:12am
Msg #276994

They are a good company to work with. Very quick and reliable pay. They have always agreed to my fee.

Reply by Lee/AR on 2/10/09 7:16am
Msg #276997

Are there 2 SLs?

One that pays well in a week....and the one I know that sees no difference between a 5 mile RT and 105 mile RT, paywise, and you must submit an invoice on the first of the month following the month of the signing and wait 15 days to see the check?

Reply by CF on 2/10/09 7:32am
Msg #276999

Lee/AR you are right! Something does not make sense...

they make you submit an invoice 1 time per month. They have never paid me upon funding in 5 years?????? Although, I dont work for them much anymore when they lowered fees last year....but they never paid w/in 1 week.

Reply by GF_CA on 2/10/09 9:12am
Msg #277011

RE: Are there 2 SLs?

Yes there are 2 Servicelink...one is in Corapolis, PA and the other is half in Aliquippa, PA and other half in Irvine CA...lol
I have done some closing for them, they want me to invoice the first of the month and received payment after 15 days. A couple of weeks ago I received a call from Servicelink in Corapolis and she start ask questions such as. email, fee...???? why??? ..anyway...they pay me in 1 week.

Reply by Steven Pearce on 2/10/09 12:28pm
Msg #277058

The one in Aliquippa does right by me n/m

Reply by Cari on 2/10/09 10:30am
Msg #277037

Re: Are there 2 SLs?

I'm with you Lee/AR...there must be two...

They used to call me all the time, and then poof...they vanished when I quoted them an out of county fee, which was was only $25.00 more!

Reply by Steven Pearce on 2/10/09 8:45am
Msg #277006

Be sure to use their invoice on the 1st of the month

Met my fee as well.

Reply by Yowheelz on 2/10/09 10:22am
Msg #277029

It is all rather confusing

I actually love this company and do more work for them than anyone else. Occassionally I get a check for an individual closing, the rest I have to bill on the first of following month. Last month I did a bunch of closings for them and then I get a call for another closing and the scheduling agent says "you should get on our list, we need closers in your area." When I tell her I am already on their list she acts confused. I've given up trying to figure it out, I just keep booking their closings and collecting my money.

Reply by Vivian Landry on 2/14/09 5:06pm
Msg #277574

"Do you enjoy working for free and be treated un-ethically". Well...accept signings from ServiceLink and NationalLink, one in the same. As we know it, AKA.
If you enjoy bartering, non-communication, last minute cancellations to take the place of good contracts given up, lost invoices, fraudulent notification of cancelled signings for non-payment that did not cancel to avoid payment, having to fax 40+ pages to never get there only to re-fax, low fees from a direct Title Company and your fees reduced without discussion with you.

Well.....if this all sounds "great" to you...join up to be used and abused.

I have my own 'name' for this wonderful company. Do not take this lightly it's only a matter of time before you can join the "in" crowd with them. Personally have been contracted with them since April of 2006, so i only speak from experience.

My best wishes.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.