Notary Rotary
Transcontinental Title, Clearwater, Florida
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by UKCowboy_CA on 2/20/09 10:16pm
Msg #278309

I was contacted by this company yesterday to complete a closing for them in California this evening. They told me that there would be fax backs and I told them that would cost more and they agreed. They then sent me a confirmation which included threats about how much they would deduct if I didn't do this and didn't do that. The faxbacks looked like it would be almost the whole package. In a three page attachment of absolute drivel telling me such inane instructions like getting both husband & wife signatures on the DOT and not forgetting to stamp the notary page, there were numerous spelling errors and ridiculous statements. When I called the borrowers I found out that they even had their names wrong.
The closing was for 6 pm this evening and by 5:30, No docs. I had been calling and emailing the Title Co and the A-Team all afternoon with no response. I called the borrowers and told them we had to cancel. They were upset to say the least. Then the A-team called me at 7:30 and said, "We had a problem getting the docs ready, can you do it tomorrow?" They could not explain why nobody had called me back before.
I never want to hear from these morons again! Work for them at your peril. And please spare me the sychophantic replies from the usual suspects who will jump out of the woodwork to defend these inconsiderate idiots.

Reply by Dorothy_MI on 2/21/09 6:42am
Msg #278315

It is extremely obvious

that you are very new to this field. TCT are sticklers with some of their rules, i.e. MUST use the FedEx reuseable envelope, but you have just insulted one of the dwindling few title companies that pay WELL and FAST!

Actually late docs are a very good sign because it means both lender and title are VERY busy and that is a good sign for our business.

PS. Late docs are not the fault of the title company. They can not get docs out until the lender sends them. But first they must prepare the HUD and then wait for lender approval before they can send the docs to you. Face it, we are at the end of the food chain and if you can't take that strain, I'd suggest you seek a regular job because that is what it's like in this business.

Reply by BrendaTx on 2/21/09 7:57am
Msg #278317

Re: It is extremely obvious - oops, Dorothy

UK: **And please spare me the sychophantic replies from the usual suspects who will jump out of the woodwork to defend these inconsiderate idiots. **

UK has shown in the past that he/she/it objects strongly to ideas not similar to his/hers/its thoughts.

Watch for rotten tomatoes.

To UK - I haven't always loved TCT either, but many disagree with me and gain much from a relationship with them. (Back to the woodwork.)

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/21/09 8:02am
Msg #278318

Simple solution...

Don't work for them - I'm sure your competition will appreciate it...

Reply by sue_pa on 2/21/09 8:53am
Msg #278321

TCT is like many other companies.

Used to pay well (everyone got $175 for every order - plus the 1/2 for the second and most had a second so checks rolling in weekly for $262.50 were great) ... they have dropped their fees significantly .... at least in my area.

Like many other title companies, they may ask you to back date ... most times the loans get signed the day they're supposed to but if not ... well, I know who their backdater is in my area and he's listed on this site as a premier member !!

Like many other title ocmpanies, communication may be lacking some days / on certain files. Most times the work gets done and out the door with no problems.

Many of us remember that pesky little 'situation' with the kickbacks going to the schedulers.

Bottom line, some companies are good some days and some aren't. If any thinks any one company is terrible every day or that they are perfect every day, that just means they haven't been around long enough to see the other side.

Reply by Dennis D Broadbooks on 2/21/09 10:29am
Msg #278333

A "BackDater" on NotRot & a Premier Member to Boot?

Say it isn't so, Sue!

Reply by UKCowboy_CA on 2/21/09 11:38am
Msg #278337

Re: A "BackDater" on NotRot & a Premier Member to Boot?

I'm afraid it is. They sent me the docs today with the instructions not to change the dates. I talked to the borrower and they have already been contacted by a new notary.
Incidentaly I have been a notary since 1973 and have been doing ioan signings for many years. I will not falsify documents and that is why I still have my commission.

Reply by SheilaSJCA on 2/21/09 12:30pm
Msg #278339

Re: A "BackDater" on NotRot & a Premier Member to Boot?

You mean the docs were dated for a prior date (which is common) and they wanted you to use THAT date ? Did they put it in writing? Why should the date pre-printed on the docs be an issue?

Reply by John/CT on 2/21/09 1:04pm
Msg #278340

Agree, dates pre-printed not an issue ...

as long as we are not asked to backdate our notary certifications. I didn't see that in UK's posts.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.