Notary Rotary
Wow! That was fast.
Notary Discussion History

Wow! That was fast.
Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by janCA on 2/13/09 7:17pm
Msg #277463

Wow! That was fast.

Took my exam on the 10th of January and received my commission today. Things have definitely changed in the State of CA.

Reply by Glenn Strickler on 2/13/09 10:14pm
Msg #277480

Congrats! You need to go buy a lotto ticket!!!! n/m

Reply by Joan Bergstrom on 2/14/09 12:32am
Msg #277492

Re: Congrats! You need to go buy a lotto ticket!!!!

You cut it a little close to your expiration date because CA doesn't send out a renewing commission certificate until 30 days before a notarys' expiration date.

You can take the CA test 1 year before your commission is expiring.

My new notary students say it is 2 months to get their commission and that assumes that fingerprints are taken the day of the test.

Reply by janCA on 2/14/09 12:31pm
Msg #277555

I was surprised

because they actually sent the application back to me; the "passport" picture was not conducive to their requirements. I thought it looked fine, and really couldn't tell the difference between what I sent them and the one I had done through Pennys and then I really thought I wouldn't receive my commission by time my present one expired but, I was pleased that I did. My present one expires 3/9/09 so yes, you are right, Joan, I was cutting it close. I had to travel to Modesto (2 hr drive) for the exam. Nothing around here until June.

Reply by Teddog/CO on 2/16/09 1:45pm
Msg #277673

Congrats! janCA and good luck :) n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.