Notary Rotary
american signing connection
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to February, 2009 Index

Posted by JennyB on 2/20/09 8:15pm
Msg #278296

I've been feeling pretty bad about accepting and then decling the signing. you know how it is, your on the road, accept the signing and then do the research to find out they don't pay for 45-60 days. We rush, print and rush out and then to LATER find out that we won't get paid right away, not fair. when I asked how many pages, she said, 'I really don't know, I just got the docs. ' hmmm, THESE SHOULD ALL BE CLUES.

I know I lose when I say no, but I feel if I rush to do your closing YoU should rush to pay me! And on top of that they don't want to pay you more, they pay Less. We ALLl know that everything is funded at closing. I had the "person" call me and say "Honey, we don't get paid till 30-45 days after on a REFI" OMG, I told her I get paid at closing and she has the nerve to tell me, "then I'll cancel you and we will ta\ke you out of our database" I told her that would be find, and she hung up on me!

I've been kinda stewing, because I've never backed out after accepting, the CEO (person who called me) called me, but I have not answered her call. I plan to return her call when I calm down just to let her know that I do not want to wait that long to recieve my payment from them, but...this is rediculous. We really need to research before accepting, I should know and the same goes for the newbies, you know we all get a little happy to 'receive the call', take your time and tell them you will call them back...

Reply by Linda_H/FL on 2/20/09 8:57pm
Msg #278301

"take your time and tell them you will call them back..."

By then they will have moved on - when schedulers are lining up signing agents they don't have time for "I'll get back to you"... they need to know yes or no, you'll do the signing...especially when they're moving toward EOM.

IMO 30 days is normal - my invoices are net 30 days...I'll go 45 if I know when I book it that they pay in 45 - I don't like any longer than 45 - to me that's just too long and anything beyond 45 days, IMO, is just a stall tactic.

You said " I told her I get paid at closing " - if you're working directly with the title company yes, title usually cuts checks on disbursement of the loan - if a signing service (as American Signing Connection is) 30 days is more the norm. And in some case, it's 60-90-120 days...

Hope you didn't burn your bridges too badly...

Reply by Ireneky on 2/21/09 7:30pm
Msg #278371

Did A closing for them in Dec 08, just got the check a few days ago and that was only after I had to make several calls and emails. You no once burned don't call again.
I actual carry a list of none paying companies in my breifcase, if I'm not sure who they are and I'm out of the office. Glad there really isn't alot.

Reply by HrdwrkrVA on 7/1/09 4:38pm
Msg #294232

Called me today for signing still waiting to get pd frm 6/08 n/m

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.