Notary Rotary
2010 Census - The Pre-Test
Notary Discussion History

Go Back to January, 2009 Index

Posted by Michelle/AL on 1/24/09 8:50pm
Msg #275517

Quite a few of you posted about how easy the placement test was for you to pass and how it wasn't necessary for you to review the pre-test ahead of time. Well, I'm not like everyone else. I was scheduled to take the test today so I reviewed the questions last night and again this morning. Boy, I'm glad that I did.

I'm normally a good test-taker but this test was a little different. I found that it was very easy for me to make mistakes by either reading too much into a question; or by being careless and reading it too quickly. I also think it is also knowing that I can only spend abount one minute on each question. That alone was distracting me.

I'm glad I took the time to review the questions and do the pre-test. If I hadn't I would not have been prepared.

So...if you are planning to take the placement test, I say that it would not hurt for you to glance at the questions and see if it is a "no-brainer" for you the way it was for many others. If not, then use this time to prepare.

The placement test for Huntsville, Alabama and surrounding area has been rescheduled. If you need more information, just shoot me a PM.

Reply by Dennis_IN on 1/25/09 12:20pm
Msg #275538

Michelle,
You were wise to look at the pre-test. I agree with your logic...most people have not taken a "test" in a while and by practicing the real test will be much easier.

I am The Assistant Manager of Field Operations (AMFO) in Southern Indiana for the Decennial 2010 Census, actually my territory covers 2/3 of the state. I am getting ready to hire my area managers (Field Operations Supervisors, (FOS)). This position requires a different test (called the 270 test) than the enumerator/crew leader test (the 267 test). Each FOS will oversee approx. 150 employees. Then soon after that I will be hiring 800 people (using the 267 test) for the first phase called Address Canvassing.

If you do take the test be sure not to pigeonhole yourself by limiting your hours of availability. You can always turn down a position but if I am looking for someone to work certain hours of the day and you did not check that you are available the computer will not select you to be considered.

To find out where they are testing in your area call 1-866-861-2010. Your call will be directed to your local census office.

A background check is done on everyone that takes the test, someone in an earlier post wondered if they would use this in lieu of the background check the title companies are requiring. I don't think so, even though you will be fingerprinted and have an FBI background check, it is considered a low level clearance check.

If anyone has any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Reply by BEEJ on 1/25/09 6:59pm
Msg #275558

Michelle, How do I sign up for test above the Enumerator position. I live in Central NY. I have taken census taker basic test, but was curious about other positions higher up the ladder. When I initially signed up for first 30 minute test the receptionist stated that I needed to take this test first in order to be considered for other positions. Any info. would be appreciated and Thank You!

Reply by Michelle/AL on 1/26/09 6:33am
Msg #275581

BEEJ, read Dennis' posting above and then call

1/866-861-2010 for more information. Good luck!

Reply by Barbara Miller on 1/26/09 8:09pm
Msg #275641

Re: BEEJ, read Dennis' posting above and then call

Thanks Michelle! I'll be calling in morning. Love this site its very interesting to read all the posts.

Reply by parkerc/ME on 1/25/09 7:01pm
Msg #275559

Dennis . . I took the final test a couple of weeks ago (aced it) and they said they would now do a BGC and would contact me later. Do you know about how long it's running between testing, BGC, and contact?

Reply by BEEJ on 1/26/09 9:47pm
Msg #275654

Thanks Dennis. Do you have any info on where I can find practice tests for test #270 and 267? Not sure what to expect here.

Find a Notary  Notary Supplies  Terms  Privacy Statement  Help/FAQ  About  Contact Us  Archive  NRI Insurance Services

Notary Rotary® is a trademark of Notary Rotary, Inc. Copyright © 2002-2013, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.